RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a kid that didn't want his Ram 20" rims, and I offered him $200 and he took it. Then I snagged some 275/65r20's. Got them on the truck this morning and LOVE THEM!!! Much better ride than I had with my 255/80r17's. I do have Bilstein's on the front, raising the truck 2".

·
Registered
41 Posts
I guess I don't understand the point. When you buy a pickup, you are buying a tool designed to haul and tow. When you level a truck or lift it, you are basically telling the world that you are a tool that bought something designed to tow and haul, and intentionally made it so you can never tow or haul with it properly ever again.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I guess I don't understand the point. When you buy a pickup, you are buying a tool designed to haul and tow. When you level a truck or lift it, you are basically telling the world that you are a tool that bought something designed to tow and haul, and intentionally made it so you can never tow or haul with it properly ever again.
I run a 4" Suspension lift and 35's.
My truck is used exclusively for towing our family Toy hauler 1000's of miles at a time. Guess someone forgot to tell me I couldn't do that.

Kidding aside.. Why do you think a lifted or leveled truck can't tow or haul ?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Not to start a war here, but everyone does something different with their truck. Myself I tow maybe once or twice a year but I‘m rolling down unimproved roads for multiple weekends a year, in my case those abilities matter more to me.

Also as previously mentioned it’s not like you can’t tow with a level or lift, plus changing out springs or adding air bags can remedy sag that occurs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These 20's have a 126 load index, or 3,748 lbs per tire..... a 10 Ply rating. So for those of you that don't understand or have confusion about the towing ability of these tires on 20" rims..... Are you Simple? I'm guessing WithoutATrace is simple. This is way, way over the ability of any 1500 Ram....... And yes, I have air bags installed in the rear coils. I have no problema with my 5k trailer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts