RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when trying to build a outdoorsman with eco diesel it will not allow me to select a 32gal tank. I tried on the ram site and on truecare. can a 32gal tank be added aftermarket? I know for he Duramax you can get a 50gal. tank aftermarket but i don’t know how they recalibrated the gauge.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because the emissions stuff? Other than that what would take up room where the tank goes? I was really looking forward to a 32gal tank. Maybe someone will design one like they did for the chevy

·
Registered
274 Posts
Pretty much. I'm sure a company like titan will make one eventually. but with 50% better mileage out of the box you'll already be getting 50% more range.

·
Registered
575 Posts
when trying to build a outdoorsman with eco diesel it will not allow me to select a 32gal tank. I tried on the ram site and on truecare. can a 32gal tank be added aftermarket? I know for he Duramax you can get a 50gal. tank aftermarket but i don’t know how they recalibrated the gauge.
According to the 2014 1500 eBrochure, the 32 gallon tank is not available on any 1500 truck with 3.0 L Diesel. Is does not say why that is.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/assets/pdf/brochures/2014_ram_pickups.pdf

What is unknown to me for the Outdoorsman is it appears from the online build and price tool at Ram that the ecoDiesel Outdoorsman is not available with the 3.92 rear end. But is a option on the Bighorn and the Laramie as well as the others where the 3.0 L diesel is a option.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree 50% better I will not be complaining but really wanted to be able to make it 600 miles to my vacation spot pulling the boat for no reason other than it will be cool. Even with the 32gal I would be pushing it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The 8-gal DEF tank takes up space in the diesel, preventing the large fuel tank option. Despite that, the driving range for the diesel and Hemi with 32-gal tank are roughly the same. Someone may eventually offer an aftermarket fuel tank for the diesel. Jerrycans are another option for long trips without fuel stops.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Weight may have been an issue also. The heavier tank and 6 additional gallons of fuel would further challenge the payload capacity.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
If you go to the towing section, it shows that it is available with the 3.92. But the build and price, to me, still has bugs in it.

But the diesel is not available with a 32 gallon tank. But being a diesel, Titan has a few options. Bed mounted tank or, if you are going to move your spare, they have a tank that mounts there.

·
Registered
13,687 Posts
I'm going with the RDS 20 gallon in-bed tank and their fill kit. I have had a 30 gal. in-bed tank in my Cummins for over a decade and it's great. Of course, you do lose that front corner in front of the rear wheel for storage.

Thought the Outdoorsman came stock with 32 gal? Did not try a build on a diesel version so guess someone tried and that was deleted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm a bit confused on this as well. The window sticker on the ecodiesel that I bought showed it to have a 32 gallon tank. Filled up for the first time yesterday and found that it only has the 26 gallon. I looked at the brochure and saw that the 32 isn't available with the ecodiesel, however there was an asterisks that states "late availability". Odd for the truck features not to match the window sticker.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm a bit confused on this as well. The window sticker on the ecodiesel that I bought showed it to have a 32 gallon tank. Filled up for the first time yesterday and found that it only has the 26 gallon. I looked at the brochure and saw that the 32 isn't available with the ecodiesel, however there was an asterisks that states "late availability". Odd for the truck features not to match the window sticker.
The sticker has a Standard Equipment section on the left that shows typical features and an Optional Equipment section on the right that overrides the standard equipment. However, the only place that the 32-Gallon Fuel Tank option should appear is the right and never on the 3.0L V6 diesel, so it's a mystery. What brochure are you looking at? The current one does not have a late availability footnote.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Got a photo of said window sticker?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The sticker has a Standard Equipment section on the left that shows typical features and an Optional Equipment section on the right that overrides the standard equipment. However, the only place that the 32-Gallon Fuel Tank option should appear is the right and never on the 3.0L V6 diesel, so it's a mystery. What brochure are you looking at? The current one does not have a late availability footnote.
And now feel stupid, yet better informed. Indeed, the right side of the sticker says 26 Gallon Fuel Tank, thereby replacing the 32 Gallon Fuel Tank that shows up on the left hand side. Appreciate the input, mystery solved. IMG_0002.jpg

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
If it's the diesel your getting the 26gal! Lol

Reactions: westondan

·
Registered
360 Posts
You won't get the 32 gallon tank, have to hang the DEF tank somewhere and it conveniently fits right where the extra 6 gallons of gas was.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just filled up for first time, got 633 miles out of it and it still had range miles to go. A 32 gallon tank would just give you that much more chance at building up water in the tank

1 - 20 of 30 Posts