RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!! My truck has been out of commission since May 11th. The mechanic had to replace the intake manifold because it was melted. Now everything is put back together and there is no boost. They can’t figure it out. I am hoping someone here can help. I asked if the egr was stuck open and their reply was “there is no code”. I feel sick at this point. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Help!! My truck has been out of commission since May 11th. The mechanic had to replace the intake manifold because it was melted. Now everything is put back together and there is no boost. They can’t figure it out. I am hoping someone here can help. I asked if the egr was stuck open and their reply was “there is no code”. I feel sick at this point. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Hey there,

If you'd like some additional assistance, please send us a direct message!

Callie
Ram Cares

Reactions: TwoBobs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hard to believe there are no codes. Did they check that the turbo is spinning freely? Longshot, but maybe something got lodged in one of the rotors.
He said it is spinning freely. I am beyond frustrated at this point. I don’t have faith in them anymore. Mow I just want to take my truck to someone else. What are my options there? He’s asking for more time but I need to her to Florida ASAP. How can I get my truck back? I feel trapped.

·
Registered
164 Posts
He said it is spinning freely. I am beyond frustrated at this point. I don’t have faith in them anymore. Mow I just want to take my truck to someone else. What are my options there? He’s asking for more time but I need to her to Florida ASAP. How can I get my truck back? I feel trapped.
Unless it is your only vehicle, I would just rent a trailer and haul it to Florida. Someone else can look at it there. Otherwise, you are going to just be wasting more time an money.

If it's your only vehicle, I'd look for another competent mechanic locally. What area are you in? Maybe someone on the forum can recommend a local mechanic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unless it is your only vehicle, I would just rent a trailer and haul it to Florida. Someone else can look at it there. Otherwise, you are going to just be wasting more time an money.

If it's your only vehicle, I'd look for another competent mechanic locally. What area are you in? Maybe someone on the forum can recommend a local mechanic.
I’m in Philadelphia. I have another vehicle but it’s already in Florida. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if he wants money from me, and the truck is still not fixed, what can I do?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I’m in Philadelphia. I have another vehicle but it’s already in Florida. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if he wants money from me, and the truck is still not fixed, what can I do?
I'm in California, so I can't recommend anyone in the Philly area- maybe someone else on the site can?

Whatever the case, this is not something I'd want to deal with in the middle of a move. Again, just my opinion, but if this is the only thing you are waiting for, I'd rent a truck/trailer and haul it to Florida so you can deal with it when you have more time. Moving is stressful enough without adding extra variables.

If you are truly done with the current mechanic, I'd negotiate a settlement, pick up your vehicle and haul it off to Florida.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm in California, so I can't recommend anyone in the Philly area- maybe someone else on the site can?

Whatever the case, this is not something I'd want to deal with in the middle of a move. Again, just my opinion, but if this is the only thing you are waiting for, I'd rent a truck/trailer and haul it to Florida so you can deal with it when you have more time. Moving is stressful enough without adding extra variables.

If you are truly done with the current mechanic, I'd negotiate a settlement, pick up your vehicle and haul it off to Florida.
Looks like you (the OP) could do as this post advises, and/or when truck is repaired to your satisfaction recoup some of the expense incurred due to the incompetent service dept that performed the initial work w/o correcting the problem, provided it was something they did or did not perform that should have been done, but I think a settlement on the front end would be easier than trying to get any of the proceeds back, still baffled there are no codes though, best of luck and waiting to see updates ;) 🙏

1 - 14 of 14 Posts