RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally slogged through the dealer muck to order a truck with the options I wanted, and at the agreed price point. Granted we can't predict the rebates in 4-6 weeks, but they said the agreed upon sale price will NOT go any higher, it can only go lower. The weird thing is, they placed the order without a deposit. Straight from the dealer:

but I confirmed with his sales manager Nick xxxx that the deposit is not necessary. the truck will be delivered in your name to our dealership and you will have 1 week from the day it hits our lots to purchase the Ram
Anyone else experience this? I want to be excited, but the way the ram dealers in SoCal have been behaving over the entire ordering process, I am hesitant to break out the champagne.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dealers will gladly order without a deposit if they know the vehicle will be an easy sell, plus I hear that the customer ordered units bump inventory orders when it comes to the ED, so even more motivation for them to take any order they can get.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Some dealers do. AND... with this truck... they know they aren't getting stuck with it.

I gave my dealer $500... but I could have gone down as low as $200. AND... my deposit is fully refundable. The way I see it is... they have a few $$ from me, and I have a paper saying it's my truck That way, it can't be sold out from under me. Honestly... It's just a safety for me.

Now... If you said you wanted a full loaded Limited, with the 22" wheels (over $60k) and one of the goofy colors..... I could understand wanting more of a deposit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
No deposit required in Gainesville texas for me or my friend. We have two of the first EcoDiesels in the DFW area.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The dealer I am talking with said the same thing. If I decide I don't want the truck, no problem. He will have no trouble selling it either way.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealer I am talking with said the same thing. If I decide I don't want the truck, no problem. He will have no trouble selling it either way.
Hmmm makes sense. In order for me to not take delivery of the truck I would have to be dead or dead.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
What paper did you get, the printout of the build-out sheet when the dealer submitted the order?
Yes. It has my name... the VON, and says "Sold Order." In my eyes... that's a contract tying it to me. So, if they sold it to someone else... I'm sure Chrysler corporate would like to know about it.

The dealer I'm working with doesn't have a rep of being shady. But, it never hurts to have a little back-up when the product is hot.

·
Registered
438 Posts
No deposit here either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts