RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have seen (2) separate commercials highlighting the new line up including the Ecodiesel.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Why waste the money they can sell everyone they can possibly build 3 times over.... a year down the road when/if sales slow and there is competition then maybe.... just my 2cents

Reactions: gleb

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been asking the same question. Seems like after early March, everything went silent regarding the ED...outside of this forum that is. Maybe they're working on beefing up production for 2015 before they push it? Seems like the ED has been a huge success without all the advertising spending. Knowing the corporate world, they probably need to wait for the new fiscal year to allocate budget money to the program.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But they still advertise "best in class fuel economy at 25mpg". Isn't the ecoD rated at 28? If I was watching tv and no matter what brand I was loyal to, if I heard 28mpg 1/2 ton truck I would listen.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The Ram commercial with Micky Redmond (in Detroit) features an ED.

·
Registered
346 Posts
But they still advertise "best in class fuel economy at 25mpg". Isn't the ecoD rated at 28? If I was watching tv and no matter what brand I was loyal to, if I heard 28mpg 1/2 ton truck I would listen.
I've seen the TV advertisements where it does advertise 28 mpg with EcoDiesel option. The commercials are a bit subtle for a 1/2 ton pickup truck of the EcoDiesel caliber. Ram definitely needs to come up with some kind of competition comparison ad for the EcoD. I'd say along the lines of real EcoD truck owners real impressions of the truck compared to other makes they have owned.

Edit: I looked it up and found these commercials. Not the ones I've seen, but they are dedicated to the EcoDiesel

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7Goc/ram-1500-truck-ram-trucks-west

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7GI1/2014-ram-1500-race

and this, the one that I have seen:

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7Gw3/2014-ram-1500-trucks-crushes-numbers

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was in the shower but my wife was yelling there was an Ecodiesel commercial on about an hour ago. She said it sounded like Trace Adkins....that it was zoomed in on the badge and showed the truck pulling a travel trailer. We live in Tallahassee, Fl.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I follow ram on YouTube and they just posted a couple ram commercials on their channel about a week ago. They are just now advertising the Ecodiesel actively. They tested the market, obviously got positive results, and now they are going to try to sell the hell out of these things. We are the smart ones who got in one this first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool, hope we see more of them. I'm 40 and have only had 1 gas vehicle my whole life (only 6 months). The other 5 where all Cummins powered. Just a huge diesel fan in general and I'm hoping this thing really takes off. Really got my hopes up when the Jeep CRD was released years ago but it seemed to not catch on.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've seen the TV advertisements where it does advertise 28 mpg with EcoDiesel option. The commercials are a bit subtle for a 1/2 ton pickup truck of the EcoDiesel caliber. Ram definitely needs to come up with some kind of competition comparison ad for the EcoD. I'd say along the lines of real EcoD truck owners real impressions of the truck compared to other makes they have owned.

Edit: I looked it up and found these commercials. Not the ones I've seen, but they are dedicated to the EcoDiesel

Ram 1500 Truck TV Commercial, 'Ram Trucks West' - iSpot.tv

2014 Ram 1500 TV Commercial, 'Race' - iSpot.tv

and this, the one that I have seen:

2014 Ram 1500 Trucks TV Commercial, 'Crushes Numbers' - iSpot.tv

I saw the last one you list. I am in the Houston area. I did not notice a mention of the ED, just the 28 mpg. I really don't get it unless production is so oversold that they just don't want more orders.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts