RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My salesperson told me today that their will be no more Ecodiesels built with bench seats and that this came directly from the dealer rep. I want the premium bench seats in an outdoorsman. Can anyone confirm or refute?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I think the real issue is just with the outdoorsman. I wanted one... but they were held up for some reason. Then, once they were available... you had to get the 20" wheels. (a $1400 upgrade) AND... at the time (end of Feb) you also had to get the buckets.

So... if you really want a bench... get a bighorn.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was told the same with the Laramie I ordered, salesman said I couldn't get the bench and that the tonneau cover wasn't available with the Rambox even though the brochure said it was with or without Rambox

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was told the same with the Laramie I ordered, salesman said I couldn't get the bench and that the tonneau cover wasn't available with the Rambox even though the brochure said it was with or without Rambox
I was told they couldn't do the cover on the longer 6.4 bed. You also can do a bed liner if you do bench seats.

Thanks,

·
Registered
12 Posts
On April 27th, I placed my order for the Tradesman with the bench seats and the dealer appeared to have no problems putting it in the system...but it was a Sunday.

·
Registered
346 Posts
As far back as i can remember after ordering opened up in February, the bench seats were not available on the Outdoorsman. I took the issue all the way up to Ram. I was told no bench seats for the Outdoorsman for whatever reason(s) they came up with, supply issues, etc., and that they might open the bench seat option in a few weeks (that was back in Feb). That was my hang up, along with the wheels issues, on ordering earlier. Eventually I caved in and ordered my Outdoorsman. I'm pretty much over the bench seat deal (although I'd rather have the bench seat), but not so much on the $1180 invoice for 20" wheels. At least I can purchase aftermarket 17" wheels if I so choose. We'll see though.

Reactions: bigtruck
1 - 8 of 8 Posts