RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you've ordered your truck and are waiting, you're likely caught up with uncertainty, wondering where your new truck is. You're excited when uncovering ways to learn about tracking it's progress, then dismay when day after day, there are no updates to it's status.

You lament the fact that your dealer gave you a ship date, which came and went a week ago with no clarity on the horizon. You equally love and hate Chrysler, the dealer, your sales person and Customer Service.

If you're in a holding pattern, you can vent in here. If you've suffered and overcome, having taken delivery of your rig, feel free to share your story, kind of like a support group, so others may find hope. Indeed, some among us have fantastical true tales of 4 week deliveries!

This is not a place where you should expect answers, nor is it implied any will be given - we've got a bunch of other places for that stuff. This is a space where you can let off steam and maybe have a laugh. In the end, the truck will arrive when it arrives, and no amount of Internet "discussion" will change that. But hey, while you're waiting, there's no reason you can't be entertained by others who current share your malaise, or who recently overcame it.

My story...which is entirely true...I swear... ;)

Ordered Gracie on April 21st or so. I was nervous, having been told it would take around 8 weeks to see my truck. So that grand I just dropped? That was for vaporware at that point.

Then within 72 hours my salesman emailed with a VON, a build date and a ship date. I was ecstatic! Build date was May 6th. Yet try as I might, I couldn't log into the VOTS (Vehicle Order Tracking System). I was jealous of others who could login and see updates on progress. I pestered my salesman, who pestered his people, who all remained silent. Then I found out what's up - apparently they're rebuilding the whole system, and thus not accepting new "members". The cut date was April 11th they told me...so I missed having access by 10 days, and they don't have a date on when the "new system" will be ready. OK, I translated that to mean they couldn't keep up with demand so they cut access while they hoped fewer people requested access, or until they could get more servers to back up the system reliably.

Now, my salesman is a gem - he's feeding me daily updates from their system. Bit of work on his end, but he's been fantastic about it. AND, a poster on the Z, who is inside Chrysler, provides us with daily updates as well, so it's been easier to endure the wait.

My original stated ship date was May 8th. It's now one week after that date and the entire week, my truck has been sitting at the JS (storage) QA (quality testing) stage. No insight, no data, nada...just not moving.

After piecing together tidbits of info, I have a clearer picture of why I'm sitting in QA so long. It's not software updates. It's not water pump seals. It's because of the leaf of a small South American bush.

See, on another forum, a member had posted something to the effect that a delay was caused for red trucks due to a scarcity of an African beetle which was ground up to create the pigment used I that particular shade of red. And with a bit of digging, I learned that my paint (Prairie Pearl) is another of those exotic colors. In the pampas, loosely translated to "plains" or "prairie", there is a small, low-lying bush. This bush is unremarkable, save for one key trait. When dried, the leaves can be ground to an ultra fine powder which take on a pearlescent sheen. Seems the issue is...cows like to munch on these leaves, so it's a race - either Chrysler gets the leaves, or the local farmer's cows get them. And apparently the cows are ahead currently.

The reason my truck failed QA was...because the paint guns ran dry halfway through. The truck was finished as usual, but a sharp eyed QA-er noticed the half paint job and flagged the truck for a closer look because "something didn't seem quit right".

I expect once the decision about "which paint brush to use to complete the paint job: camel hair or kangaroo tail" is made, it'll move quickly through the final phases and to me. :)

So, that's my story to this point. Share your story!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I am also in a holding pattern. I will title mine - ODE to the missing EcoDiesel.

I ordered back in March (24th to be exact). The Sales Manager and Salesguy were all very excited - let's get the order in right away - yadda yadda blah blah blah (I tuned out). Had my VON that evening, and thanks to a gentleman (and for all I know also a Scholar) on another board - the tracking details began to flow.

Did not receive a VIN until 2nd week of April - after the allotments opened again -> build date for April 28th (Monday :(). Truck was born on Monday the 28th - right on schedule. And then it happened - the dreaded JS/QA status. My head began to pound, my heart shrank, and I began to sweat profusely - but enough about my bodily issues.

Truck has been in QA since April 29th - it was originally in for a temperature problem (thermostat check) but don't ask me where they stick the thermometer. Just as it was to be released from QA, another check came in to prevent its freedom. This time it is the dreaded KeyFob Issue (don't know if it is actually dreaded or not - bit of poetic license). Apparently it takes a long time to fix - because I am still holding at QA (I mean come on - just put some batteries in the Fob already - or better yet - just build it with a Key....at this point I don't care).

All I can say - is they better Q the A out of the Truck.

So - here I am - truckless....toothless....hopeless.....at least until Tomorrow's update anyway :p.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I ordered mine on 4/18/14..........I check my email many times each day.......I haven't heard a thing........I want to, but won't order anything for it until I at least get notice that it has started to be built.....call me superstitious!! I guess I am........I am trying not to be impatient!! really!! I swear!!!! now I'm going to check my email again.........

good thing the boat's in the water...gives me something to do!!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
OK... I don't like to direct people away... but there is a member named "SPP" on the Ram Forumz, and he works for Ram. He can tell you exactly where your truck is.

I was right there with you guys. My truck was built, and sat for 3 weeks before moving.

·
Registered
369 Posts
OK... I don't like to direct people away... but there is a member named "SPP" on the Ram Forumz, and he works for Ram. He can tell you exactly where your truck is.

I was right there with you guys. My truck was built, and sat for 3 weeks before moving.
I did contact him......he needs a VIN or VON number to see where the truck is........I'm not even there yet!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Did you get a build sheet from your dealer? It not - ask for it. It will have your VON on the top. Also make sure it is marked as a Sold Order, and that you are the purchaser. With the VON, SPP can provide you details - it at least gives him a place to look.

·
Registered
362 Posts
My truck should be delivered to the dealer 5/20/14, will be picking it up the following Saturday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered my Outdoorsman on 3/8. I was told by the dealer 5/6 it would be here 5/12, then the 14th, 15th, 19th,20, 21,22,23,24,26,27,28,29,30th today. Each day I call to get the status from both the dealer and RAM. Now before they can answer me I basically add a day and that is the answer they give me. They have no clue what is going on and I think the fact that they don't give you an honest answer is unbelievable. I've moved past the frustration and poor service. I just want my truck as I have sold my vehicle because of the date I was given. I'm surprised everyone is that much of a fan that they accept such poor communication and service. Meanwhile, I'm sitting on my thumbs getting ready to move to week 13 since I ordered this thing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My track is at the dealer 7 weeks from order date. Now my truck is waiting on me for another 5 weeks to get home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts