RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove home from dealership I go inside for 3 hrs. Come out and it want start it's like the battery is dead. I have jumper cables hooked up trying to charge. I have air suspension, any ideas? Not what I wanted so soon.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Maybe a bad battery? Loose connections? That's really odd! Keep us posted!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First the key wouldn't turn I hit a few remote buttons then I got the key to turn nothing dash lit but no warnings. Headlights come on so I suppose it's not the battery. Glad I still have the Tundra as backup. Got to work tomorrow so dealer may have to come get it nothing I can do anyway. I hope I don't have to give up on the computers then I'd be walking.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Nice find! Easy fix!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ever since my first long run no issues with warning lights saying low battery....

·
Registered
13,966 Posts
New batteries fail often. Ask me how I know. My boat has four batteries. Now add on the big tractor, little tractor, 11 motorcycles, two vehicles, quad and toy hauler you get 21 batteries I have to always deal with.

Don't let something simple like this detract from your impressions of the truck.

·
Registered
730 Posts
New batteries fail often. Ask me how I know. My boat has four batteries. Now add on the big tractor, little tractor, 11 motorcycles, two vehicles, quad and toy hauler you get 21 batteries I have to always deal with.

Don't let something simple like this detract from your impressions of the truck.
You obviously need a hobby.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
And have more money than jesus....

Should change your name to capt. Gates lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
I get

"Low Battery,
Start Engine to Raise Suspension" messages . This am on start up was last one. I immediately load tested battery; 13.7V. Started and read 14.4V.

I'm beginning to think that this is an information message saying i need to start the engine to change the suspension. I wasn't trying to change it but i did put the key in the ignition slot. Time will tell.

I think you have a bad battery though. load test would most likely catch that. LET US KNOW WHAT HAPPENS

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got a new battery put it on and I still can't start it. When I put the key in and turn it it is loose and you can pull it out while turned to on. Tow truck is on the way. I really didn't want to keep a second truck but right now I'm glad I still have it.
But it does really look nice.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
That's crazy! Keep us posted....hopefully it's something stupid and easy to fix!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This May sound stupid but evidently the truck does not use a key to start it uses the snub on the end of the remote. Yesterday the sales lady has the truck started by remote she says oh we have to put the key so she I didn't notice how so I drive home turned it off went in and never noticed.
I've always put the key in. Tow truck driver put right in and started right up said its a Dodge thing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
This May sound stupid but evidently the truck does not use a key to start it uses the snub on the end of the remote. Yesterday the sales lady has the truck started by remote she says oh we have to put the key so she I didn't notice how so I drive home turned it off went in and never noticed.
I've always put the key in. Tow truck driver put right in and started right up said its a Dodge thing.
I'm confused. It's either push button start or the snub end of the remote thing what key were you trying to use??

1 - 20 of 39 Posts