RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

OBD WIFI Adapter and Fusion OBD App Protocol issues

Tags
fusion obd
30K views 51 replies 20 participants last post by  Msdeltanorth 
#1 ·
I've purchased an ELM 327 wifi OBD II Interface and am using the IPhone 6 and OBD Fusion App. I have adjusted all the iP addresses, etc per the instructions but continue to get a connection error when going through the protocol's. Seems the wifi connects but I have issues with getting the app to connect to the truck. Anyone else having this problem that can lend a hand? I've tried many things and still can't get this thing to connect!

#4 ·
I'm using a cheap elm 327 purchased a few years back on eBay... No issues running fusion on the Eco D, worked right away with no setting ip addresses or any of that. Just force the phone to pick the wifi network, it will hesitate as there is no internet connection

My only issue I've noticed since the last update is if you run more then 1 or 2 custom PID's at a time they will freeze up and stop reading:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Does anyone know if the Custom PID's for Ford or GM that are listed in the files on Fusion will work for the ram. Have an iPhone, and having trouble setting it up to show the regen.

#7 ·
Sorry none of those work. For help on how to create custom pids, see http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...pro-app-thread.html?highlight=Official+torque, it should help you create what you need. Fusion works pretty much the same way.

I run a separate older iPhone that only connects to my OBD wifi. Works every time. When I ran my regular phone it would drop all the time. Wonder if with wifi, Bluetooth, and cell signals if it just overwhelmed the device.

Mine looks like this. Just before and during regen.

Speedometer Auto part Gauge Measuring instrument Car
Speedometer Gauge Auto part Measuring instrument Trip computer

I also run another screen with other info I like to check out. But mostly I just have this screen up.

#10 ·
Nice - thanks! I looked at that one but read a lot of reviews on Amazon about people having connectivity problems after a few mins. I ordered the Bluedriver one to try out... but not sure if it will work with the Fusion app. It does have a few app of it's own however that seems to look good. Not sure if it has those nice looking gauges however :)

#15 ·
Yup all those gauge's are created by me on the fusion app. Just play around with the app and try creating what you want to see. The Torque pro thread should show you how to create those user defined pids you want. I have in addition to what's on fusion already;
DPF capacity
DPF regen average distance
DPF regen average time
EGR valve commanded position
EGT 1
EGT 2
EGT 3
Fuel rail press/temp
Regen on/off
Turbo Guide vane position
Charge air cooler temp
And a couple more I don't use

#17 ·
Just got my adapter but do not know where the ODB port is located on my ED 1500?

#18 ·
Found the port... not a great location as it sticks down so far it will be hit by legs while driving... actually a stupid location..

#20 ·
Cheap Blue adapter does not link with my Android phone.. just ordered the suggested one plus a extension cable so I can mount the tool under the dash away from my legs... this one shuts off so it is not on all the time..

Now I have another piece of Chinese crap.... will add it to my Wall of Shame...

#22 ·
I used the regen pid. When its value is one. In regen, the gauge goes from zero to one. I set up a round gauge with a range of 0 to 1 start angle -180 end angle 180. This then allows you to use the range fill function to almost completely make the gauge turn red, or whatever colour you choose when 1 activates. When it's not in regen, or 0, you can make the gauge background the same colour as your phone background and the gauge, other than the tittle, pretty much disappear's. Play around with it. I'm sure you'll get something you like. If the gauge is at all in your line of vision, that gauge turning red really grabs your attention during regen.

Good luck

#30 ·
Well I got rid of the BlueDriver and now have the Wifi adapter and their software (which is almost identical to Fusion I assume). Trying to get some of these custom PID's to work but the regen/soot ones don't seem to work (just stuck at 100%).
Anyone find any other sides that worked well for giving details for Fusion setup?
Thanks!

#33 ·
Hey Guys I too use the Fusion app but am having a lot of trouble with the the "Equation" field in "User-Defined PID. I haven't a clue what to put in or what it's used for, can somebody clue me in? For instance the Regen indicator Ott and BBJ are talking about.

Thanks in Advance!

#38 ·
Text Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device

{B:0} equals '0' when not in regen and '1' when it is in regen. {B:1} is always '0' when {B:0} equals '0'. When {B:0} = '1', {B:1} equals '0' in passive regen and equals '1' when in an active regen (this is the normal regen)...

#34 ·
Great thread guys! Lots of great info! I picked up a Veepeak wifi adapter and have it set up with Fusion on IOS and I've managed to get the PID that are programmed in to work, but can't get any custom PIDs to work. Is anyone willing to share their set up for ETG's & DPF? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've read through the Torque app thread but can't get the values and formulas to work.

Thanks in advance!!

#39 ·
What are you guys running Fusion on IOS seeing for boost pressure?

Did anyone change the settings under "Vehicle Editor" for "volumetric efficiency (%)" from the 65 fusion set it to or the "brake specific fuel consumption (LB/HP*HR) from 0.45 fusion has it set to? If I click on the ! beside those, it looks like one should be higher for a turbo and the other setting should be lower for a diesel, but I'm not sure what these two setting control.

Thanks in advance for any information.

#52 ·
What are you guys running Fusion on IOS seeing for boost pressure?

Did anyone change the settings under "Vehicle Editor" for "volumetric efficiency (%)" from the 65 fusion set it to or the "brake specific fuel consumption (LB/HP*HR) from 0.45 fusion has it set to? If I click on the ! beside those, it looks like one should be higher for a turbo and the other setting should be lower for a diesel, but I'm not sure what these two setting control.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Bump: I have same question and have not found answer yet. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.