RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4 Crew Cab Ecodiesel, Technology Group, Premium Lighting Group, Level 1 Saf
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to pass on my recent experience with my MX+ which I have set up per the gauges in the pic below. I was driving my wife to Walmart here in town when I noticed the white “Normal Regen” state gauge in the pick below swing from 0 to 1 (left to right) which told me it was attempting to do a regen.

I explained to my wife we were hitting the interstate so I could see if all gauges were working ok and she agreed to go for a drive. I was amazed to see it stayed in regen as we were doing 40 to the interstate for about three miles. Then, as soon as we hit 70 mph on the highway, the top right EGT gauge in the pick below shot up to 1000 degrees. It wavered between 970 and 1080 degrees, and eventually started dropping once regen was complete as evidenced by the white gauge swinging back over to 0.

I’m relating this for anyone seeking an inexpensive way to monitor regens and EGT before shutting down. It works on an iPhone flawlessly.

(I don’t own stock or derive any monetary benefit from recommending this product…am just a very satisfied frugal customer).

Gadget Font Line Display device Gas

Reactions: swimmer

·
Registered
2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4 Crew Cab Ecodiesel, Technology Group, Premium Lighting Group, Level 1 Saf
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Instructions if you decide to give it a shot:

1. Download OBDLink App.
2. Plug MX+ into OBD outlet and sync up your iPhone Bluetooth with the MX+.
3. Click on the little car icon in bottom left corner and enter ALL data for your Ecodiesel.
4. Once done, it should ask if you want to download specific data from the OBDLink site to your iPhone so it can read Ecodiesel specific PIDs…do it.
5. After this is done, go to Displays and start choosing your displays…follow the pics provided below as a step by step guide as they are sequential. Repeat for as many different gauges as you want.

NOTE: PIDs for Ecodiesels are under the “Engine Control Module (Diesel)” as seen in pic #7
White Light Font Line Red
Light Gauge Font Line Clock
Font Rectangle Technology Screenshot Logo
Light Clock Font Sky Screenshot
Font Screenshot Number Darkness Rectangle
Font Screenshot Rectangle Darkness Parallel
Font Darkness Terrestrial plant Monochrome photography Event
Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Number Darkness
Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Darkness Number
Light Gauge Font Line Clock
Font Rectangle Technology Screenshot Logo
Light Clock Font Sky Screenshot
Font Screenshot Number Darkness Rectangle
Font Screenshot Rectangle Darkness Parallel
Font Darkness Terrestrial plant Monochrome photography Event
Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Number Darkness
Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Darkness Number

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Continued

The last two pics show how to delete a gauge. Just press and hold done on the gauge you wish to delete and then you can delete it, change gauge type, or any other changes to that gauge.

Font Screenshot Electronic device Terrestrial plant Number
Font Multimedia Number Darkness Software
Watch Light Product Clock Font

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,358 Posts
I was amazed to see it stayed in regen as we were doing 40 to the interstate for about three miles. Then, as soon as we hit 70 mph on the highway, the top right EGT gauge in the pick below shot up to 1000 degrees. It wavered between 970 and 1080 degrees, and eventually started dropping once regen was complete as evidenced by the white gauge swinging back over to 0.
With the previous gen engine if you watched the EGT 3 sensor, the active regen was signified by that temperature getting to about 1000°F. You would also see the turbo boost pressure run lower than normal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With the previous gen engine if you watched the EGT 3 sensor, the active regen was signified by that temperature getting to about 1000°F. You would also see the turbo boost pressure run lower than normal.
Agree. That is what I was doing with my 2016 and 2017 Ecodiesels. I get the same with the MX+ as you can see the temp get to about 1000 degrees F (see top right and bottom right gauges in the pic below). This is a pic of the first regen on my 2021 Ram 1500 which has sat on two different dealer lots in two different states since it was manufactured in October 2020. Regen occurred at 728 miles. Regen status is 0 but have since fixed it by switching gauges in the software so it now shows a 1 to indicate in Regen.

Attachments

Reactions: Crash68

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See pics below as I apologize as I failed to include that in my plethora of pics. Click on Settings icon, then choose Get Enhanced OEM Add-Ons, then choose Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Fiat, and then I picked both FCA 2020 and 2021 Enhanced Diagnostics.

Black Automotive tire Font Automotive design Screenshot
Font Darkness Screenshot Multimedia Number
Font Screenshot Software Multimedia Design
Font Darkness Number Screenshot Terrestrial plant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts