RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place to post. Maybe we need a troubleshooting section.I got a scanner and torque app. I got a check engine light after having the scanner plugged in for a few days so I cleared and left it disconnected for a couple days and ran the scan today. This is what I got.Pending Fault Log------------------P0426: Catalyst Temperature Sensor Range/Performance (Bank 1)P0171: System too Lean (Bank 1)Historic Fault Log------------------P2459: Diesel Particulate Filter RegeneAny thoughts. I'm sure it has nothing to do with it but I did remove the foam pads from under the plastic cover. When I did this I disconnected the air intake hose and on the drivers side the tube to the inner cooler. I have double checked both and the looked tight. Could I have pulled something loose? The drivers side was supper tight.
I have read where some scanners are causing electrical gremlins when left plugged in.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have been getting the same P0426 error code without the scanner. When I plug in the scanner I can plan for my stereo to quit working after plugging it in and even unplugging it. the Bluetooth quits working and the stereo starts to display SRT instead of the ram. I have to perform a soft reset to get the stereo to work correctly. My truck just spent the day at the dealer for the p0426 error and they couldn't come up with a reason why. So they just cleared the errors and sent me home until they could come up with a reason for the error code.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My truck just spent the day at the dealer for the p0426 error and they couldn't come up with a reason why. So they just cleared the errors and sent me home until they could come up with a reason for the error code.
This seems to be a very common code on these trucks. I had the same code, made an appiontment to get into the dealer but they couldn't get me in for a week. The CEL stayed on for about 4 days then went out...the dealer came up with the same outcome for me too. It's been almost 2000 km's and the code has not come back yet...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I plugged my scanner in for the 1st time yesterday. Got a service shifter message on the EVIC which went away after a couple minutes. Then I got a P0140 code. Has to do with an O2 sensor - I'm still looking into it. Truck is going to dealer today for other things so I'll have them check it out.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stix, do you leave your scanner plugged in?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts