RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You do not exist, save for a list on paper as I write this. I expect your birth to be painless, as you will be brought to life by professionals and their robots. Truly a product of technology, built with technology and loaded with technology. Who'd have thought my new truck would have more computing power than Apollo 11?

You will start as raw materials, scraped from the earth, destined one day to roam that very same earth.

Your frame will twist less than your brethren from other brands. Your engine will be kinder to my wallet and our planet's reserves of crude. You will be smoother than The Ladies Man and more powerful than a French gigolo's cologne.

Your interior will be swathed in the carcasses of happy cattle who gave up their pelts for a higher purpose. And that same interior will protect me from the elements while transporting your new family to destinations near and far.

You will experience life as a truck - outside, getting dirty, playing in the woods. You will be well cared for, loved and fussed over. The dogs will fart in you and your sunroof will solve that problem,... and here's hoping you don't stink them out. ;)

You will see distant lands, drink the finest diesel fuel Shell has to offer and amass a large collection of bugs on your front bumper.

Your new family will rely on you, expect greatness and appreciate loyalty. You will not disappoint, for beneath all of the spiffy duds, the upscale baubles and cool accessories, you remain a truck. Steadfast, strong and supportive.

I promise to protect you from the crappy Washington state drivers that'll surround your broad flanks seeking to bask in the glory of your Prairie Pearl coat. I promise to feed you only the best. I promise to keep you clean, warm and well tended to.

While today you do not exist as a whole, you exist in my mind as a dream. Your birthday will be May 6th, 2014, our wait for you will seem endless. We will welcome you as an old friend, trusting your abilities to enhance our lives.

You will be a modern marvel, besting all in your class in range, good looks and cool assness.

Your 4wd will make your fearless and sure footed; here's hoping my common sense remains intact.

And when all the fun has been had, you'll clean up like royalty, able to grace the valet slots at the snootiest of steak houses and burger stands!

With luck, you'll rumble and clatter just the smallest amount, announcing to the world your presence as only a diesel can. Proud of your numbers, your ability to drive right past that gas station, haul a metric crap ton of our junk and tow damn near 5 tons of anything!

Over time, we'll carefully select additions to maximize your potential. We'll hire the best tutors to ensure your programming remains up-to-date. We may even opt to give you more power. Like a body builder, you'll come out stronger, faster and, um, well...cooler. :)

Until that time, you'll remain as the factory gods intended, while we learn your quirks, likes and dislikes.

From premium washer fluid to only the finest pine air fresheners, you'll lack for nothing.

Please stay safe on your journey to us. We eagerly await the call saying you've arrived safely in Idaho so that we can begin our new adventure with you. Take all the time you need to get through the many stages of coming to life. We'd like your paint to be pristine, your body gaps tight. Hopefully your vents won't stink and your chassis will be level. We pray your navigation will be accurate and your satellite radio fade free. With your upgraded lights and rain sensing wipers, we expect you'll take good care for us.

Until then, the only thing left to say is...someone buy my damn Tacoma so I can afford this new RAM!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Wow

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
You are quite talented in writing composition. Creative.

Still think you have too much time on your hands.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are quite talented in writing composition. Creative.

Still think you have too much time on your hands.
Well, it did take 12 minutes to write all that...so I don't mind the time. ;)

I do work in PR and have a background in Marketing. Oh, and I've written two business books and I'm starting a third. Extra time on my hands...no, not really. ;) Luckily a large part of my job has to do with helping businesses be more successful on line, which requires a lot of writing. It comes easier to me these days, so I indulge in it. Love to read and that gives me ideas. "Storytelling" is a focus of part of my work, so that side of my brain sees regular workouts. Ripping off a few lines in here just requires some inspiration.

While we don't have kids, a coworker recently had her baby by the office, and it occurred to me...this weird mix of emotions I'm feeling must be a version of what expecting/new parents go through...from there the ideas came easily. ;)

Glad you hooligans are getting a kick out of it, too. Life's too short to not have some fun. :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
I took a test ride in a Laramie Longhorn ED today in Phoenix. It was a sweet ride to say the least. The only thing that stuck out to me was the minor turbo lag. That's just something to get used not and not a complaint. If your interested in a LL ED this dealer has two of them listed and another SLT ED as well. The pricing is respectable. BTW, not a salesperson just my two cents of a really good deal (But you could tell them I sent you :) ).

Phoenix New Ram Trucks For Sale | Prices & Special Offers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts