RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out about the FCA gouging for oil filters for my 2021 Ram 1500. No one had oil filters for my ecoDiesel so I went to the dealer. She handed me the filter. It was a tiny ,flimsy plastic piece with a paper filter. Then she asked me for $100. What a joke. A HUNDERD DOLLARS FOR AN OIL FILTER? I could easily flatten the "filter" with two fingers. What a joke. There has to be a better solution.

·
Super Moderator
820 Posts
I found out about the FCA gouging for oil filters for my 2021 Ram 1500. No one had oil filters for my ecoDiesel so I went to the dealer. She handed me the filter. It was a tiny ,flimsy plastic piece with a paper filter. Then she asked me for $100. What a joke. A HUNDERD DOLLARS FOR AN OIL FILTER? I could easily flatten the "filter" with two fingers. What a joke. There has to be a better solution.
Let us know who the gouger is and at least customers can make up their mind and avoid them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was in the car service industry for a while and most dealers have a very high price markup. I think I ordered mine from Amazon along with the fuel filter.
The fuel filter at the dealer was near $85 and here is how much I purchased it for. Some dealers will go as far as telling you that there is no warranty on the job unless if filter is purchased from them. Manufacturers could not dictate that you buy parts from a specific place. For warranty purposes do your homework and keep every receipt.

I do my oil maintenance at a ram dealership, but any mods at the dealer I used to work at since I trust them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oil filter for a $100?? that is too much you can even get a genuine Mopar 2021 1500 DS Oil Filter for a 9usd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts