·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Oil filter:
(Mopar, part# 68507598AA) $43.93
(EcoGard, part # S11880) $34.97

Note: Mopar micron rating - Unknown at this time
Note: EcoGard micron rating - 99.83% efficient @ 20 microns, 99.91% efficient @ 25 microns and 99.95% efficient @ 30 microns.

Air filter:
(Mopar 68441763AA) $23.49

Fuel filter:
(Mopar 68436631AA) $37.49

I will update this thread as needed. Please list any aftermarket filters that you believe are worthy of OEM replacement. I will add them to the list.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The oil filter listed there is not the same Mopar part number as the one I bought from my dealer. Went in easy and was the correct filter. Mine was 68498720AA-001. Thoughts anyone as to why this is showing a different number?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The oil filter listed there is not the same Mopar part number as the one I bought from my dealer. Went in easy and was the correct filter. Mine was 68498720AA-001. Thoughts anyone as to why this is showing a different number?
That's a great question. I wish I knew the answer, but I do not. I have linked up both filters using the two different part numbers for your viewing:

·
Registered
373 Posts
The oil and fuel filter part #s in post 1 are the correct numbers.

I'll be changing mine in July. Coming up on 5,000 miles in a couple of weeks. I recommend that you order the filters a few weeks before you'll need them....there have been supply issues lately.

Reactions: biodiesel

·
Registered
373 Posts
It's been said that the dealers get a different filter that has a removable filter element. The ones you and I can buy online have a non-removable filter element. I haven't confirmed that myself, but others have shown pictures of them both on another forum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmmm both the part numbers in this thread are for 1 piece filter/ hosting setups. Can anyone confirm the dealers are using a 2 part filter? If so that's great news for the rest of us, it'll only be a matter of time before they are available aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: Arvid

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know it's been a while since posted, but that link doesn't work now. Any updates for the two part filter?

·
Registered
373 Posts
So based upon all that I've seen and read, I think what happened is that FCA changed ALL of the Gen 3 oil filters to the 1-piece design on purpose so that they would stand out and get attention compared to the Gen 2 filters, and there was also a TSB that was sent around to all dealerships about why you can not use a Gen 2 filter on a Gen 3 engine. The internals including the pressure relief safety valve are all redesigned, so I'm sticking to the 1-piece genuine Mopar part # when I order filters.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know it's been a while since posted, but that link doesn't work now. Any updates for the two part filter?
The replacement filter, by itself, is no longer available. WXman is correct for the reason why.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the updates guys. I ordered some Mopar ones from diesel filters online.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The OEM replacement came as 1 piece, the original filter was a 2 piece design ( I’m keeping the housing just incase). So far so good...fingers crossed!

·
Registered
2020 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel
23 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel
23 Posts
That's a great question. I wish I knew the answer, but I do not. I have linked up both filters using the two different part numbers for your viewing:

·
Registered
373 Posts
If your EcoDiesel is 2020 or newer, then yes you bought the wrong filter. The one ending in 7598AA is the correct one and I think the list price is around $92 bucks.

Reactions: Roby
1 - 20 of 37 Posts