#1 · (Edited)
Updated on 8/16/2021

Oil filter:
(Mopar, part# 68507598AA) $43.93
(EcoGard, part # S11880) $34.97
‎(Allmotorparts, part# AMP255) $33.99
(ONER, part #‎ OAP-68507598AA) $19.98

Note: Mopar micron rating - Unknown at this time
Note: EcoGard micron rating - 99.83% efficient @ 20 microns, 99.91% efficient @ 25 microns and 99.95% efficient @ 30 microns.

Air filter:
(Mopar 68441763AA) $23.49

Fuel filter:
(Mopar 68436631AA) $37.49

I will update this thread as needed. Please list any aftermarket filters that you believe are worthy of OEM replacement. I will add them to the list.

#2 ·
The oil filter listed there is not the same Mopar part number as the one I bought from my dealer. Went in easy and was the correct filter. Mine was 68498720AA-001. Thoughts anyone as to why this is showing a different number?

#3 ·
#5 ·
The oil and fuel filter part #s in post 1 are the correct numbers.

I'll be changing mine in July. Coming up on 5,000 miles in a couple of weeks. I recommend that you order the filters a few weeks before you'll need them....there have been supply issues lately.

Reactions: biodiesel
#7 ·
Hmmm both the part numbers in this thread are for 1 piece filter/ hosting setups. Can anyone confirm the dealers are using a 2 part filter? If so that's great news for the rest of us, it'll only be a matter of time before they are available aftermarket.

#8 ·
Reactions: Arvid
#9 ·
I know it's been a while since posted, but that link doesn't work now. Any updates for the two part filter?

#11 ·
The replacement filter, by itself, is no longer available. WXman is correct for the reason why.

#10 ·
So based upon all that I've seen and read, I think what happened is that FCA changed ALL of the Gen 3 oil filters to the 1-piece design on purpose so that they would stand out and get attention compared to the Gen 2 filters, and there was also a TSB that was sent around to all dealerships about why you can not use a Gen 2 filter on a Gen 3 engine. The internals including the pressure relief safety valve are all redesigned, so I'm sticking to the 1-piece genuine Mopar part # when I order filters.

Reactions: biodiesel
#14 ·
#18 ·
If your EcoDiesel is 2020 or newer, then yes you bought the wrong filter. The one ending in 7598AA is the correct one and I think the list price is around $92 bucks.

Reactions: Roby
#26 ·
Looks like EcoGard has a filter for the Gen3 engine: (part# S11880)

#27 ·
Reactions: Crash68
#34 ·
I run OE filters unless aftermarket proves to be a better filter. For example, I run an Amsoil filter on my John Deere since it's rated for 20 micron. John Deere doesn't advertise their micron rating, but I can almost guarantee it's not as good as 20 micron. I sent Ecogard an email asking about their micron rating.

#35 ·
I sent Ecogard an email asking about their micron rating.
"ECOGARD model S11880 is 99.83% efficient @ 20 microns, 99.91% efficient @ 25 microns and 99.95% efficient @ 30 microns. Thank you for your interest in ECOGARD products."

Assuming ECOGARD flows as good as the OE filter, I would say this is a very good filter. It might be better than Mopar, but that will be difficult to prove unless Mopar discloses their micron rating. I might try to reach out to Mopar just to see if I can get a response.

I'll update the front page to reflect the micron rating.

Reactions: NewLove
#40 ·
Yes, that is normal for idle.

#43 ·
Fuel, oil, air filters are all available from dieselfiltersonline.com and they're the cheapest on them that I've found.

K&N makes air filters, but it's like trying to use the fishing net to hold the worms. It doesn't work. The purpose of an air filter is to filter the air. The K&N is horrendous. That Project Farm air filter test video from last year was eye opening!

Reactions: Azr2nut
#45 ·
There are some new filters on amazon popping up:

One by the company ONER with only 1 review:

And one from AllMotorSports with some less than stellar reviews and some scary warnings:

For as much as I paid for the truck; I don't feel like risking it to save $10-20 but it's good that after market is starting to show. I cannot believe what the dealerships or MOPAR is charging for this filter.

#46 ·
There are some new filters on amazon popping up:

ONER
AllMotorSports
Thank you. I have updated the first page to reflect these two filters.

#60 ·
Well the ecogard filter showed up so I took it apart. They changed the oil filter bypass design its now built into the filter cap instead of the housing like the second gens. But over all it seemed like good quality to me I dont have a oem filter to compare. View attachment 90285 View attachment 90286 View attachment 90287 View attachment 90288 View attachment 90289
Just curious with Ecoguard oil filter you had installed. did you or have encounter any issue with your 3rd Gen 3.0? thx

#62 ·
So, I replaced my air filter today on my ‘22 with 29,515 miles. I’ve owned it for 7 months. I bought it “new” from a dealership that used it as a loaner for 4K miles.

When I pulled the old one out, the first thing I noticed was that it was orange, and the new one was black. So, I checked the part number that was on the New vs Old.

Old: 68386779AA
New: 68441763AA

The old part number is the one for the gas engines. It’s noticeably less tall. Don’t know if the dealership had changed it before I bought it, or if the factory installed it incorrectly. If I had known, I would have changed it earlier!

#67 ·
I searched around but I don't see a cabin air filter option. I'm looking to replace my original one after this spring pollen season, but I haven't been able to confirm part numbers.

I've found 68406048AB and 68548579AA, just not sure which one I'd need.

Anyone replaced their OE cabin filter yet? If so, which one did you end up using and is there a how-to guide?

#68 ·
Anyone replaced their OE cabin filter yet? If so, which one did you end up using and is there a how-to guide?
Here are my cabin filter changes:

DateMileageFilterInterval
05/26/200,000 milesMopar 68406048AAN/A
08/06/2218,395 milesMopar 68406048AA18,395 miles