RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts
So, I replaced my air filter today on my ‘22 with 29,515 miles. I’ve owned it for 7 months. I bought it “new” from a dealership that used it as a loaner for 4K miles.

When I pulled the old one out, the first thing I noticed was that it was orange, and the new one was black. So, I checked the part number that was on the New vs Old.

Old: 68386779AA
New: 68441763AA

The old part number is the one for the gas engines. It’s noticeably less tall. Don’t know if the dealership had changed it before I bought it, or if the factory installed it incorrectly. If I had known, I would have changed it earlier!

So, I replaced my air filter today on my ‘22 with 29,515 miles. I’ve owned it for 7 months. I bought it “new” from a dealership that used it as a loaner for 4K miles.

When I pulled the old one out, the first thing I noticed was that it was orange, and the new one was black. So, I checked the part number that was on the New vs Old.

Old: 68386779AA
New: 68441763AA

The old part number is the one for the gas engines. It’s noticeably less tall. Don’t know if the dealership had changed it before I bought it, or if the factory installed it incorrectly. If I had known, I would have changed it earlier!
I ran into that issue with a STP filter. It actually crushed the taller filter and I went and bought the shorter Mopar filter.

That is a whole lot cheaper than the MOPAR filter
I’ve run that oil filter before on my 2022 Eco when my Mopar one was leaking. It worked good, but I wish I'd have run an oil sample with it just to see. I thought the quality of the STP filter was the same as the Mopar.

I searched around but I don't see a cabin air filter option. I'm looking to replace my original one after this spring pollen season, but I haven't been able to confirm part numbers.

I've found 68406048AB and 68548579AA, just not sure which one I'd need.

Anyone replaced their OE cabin filter yet? If so, which one did you end up using and is there a how-to guide?

Discussion starter · #68 ·
Anyone replaced their OE cabin filter yet? If so, which one did you end up using and is there a how-to guide?
Here are my cabin filter changes:

DateMileageFilterInterval
05/26/200,000 milesMopar 68406048AAN/A
08/06/2218,395 milesMopar 68406048AA18,395 miles

61 - 68 of 68 Posts