RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4,622 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looking for a little help. I have a 2018 Laramie with projector lights. Long story short is a must have fat fingered my AlphaOBD and changed a setting that I didn't record. When I turn on my highbeams my headlights go out completely. Does anybody have a stock configuration file they could post so I can hopefully go back to normal?... I cannot find my original config file anywhere.... Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi,

Is there away to keep the cruise control 'on' all the time? My steering wheel button is troublesome. I'm tired of hitting the steering wheel to keep using the button. I don't really feel like replacing the switch portion off the steering wheel.

I'd like to just have the cruise 'on' ready all the time. Obviously, I'd set the speed as needed.

My other vehicles with the wiper style side steering wheel control, you can keep the switch in the on position.

2015 Ram 1500 4x4 Lonestar Ecodiesel

Thanks

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Not sure exactly what you're saying. When I turn mine on it stays on until I hit the brake or turn it off. If you are turning it on it it turns off by itself I think your only solution is to fix or replace the switch.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not sure exactly what you're saying. When I turn mine on it stays on until I hit the brake or turn it off. If you are turning it on it it turns off by itself I think your only solution is to fix or replace the switch.
To use cruise control we are first moving down the road, you must turn cruise 'On' (pic 1). Then we must 'Set' (pic 2) the speed we want. Yes, the brake pedal or the 'On/Off' will disengage the cruise. Yet, the cruise control system is still 'On'.

I want it on all the time... As explained, my button is a bitch. This button is a common failure throughout Ram.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
will be interesting to see if you can find a way to keep the
'' Cruise Control Activated '' displayed all the time with the small icon at bottom right of the dash .
my button is also a bitch as you say .

(( I don't think it will be possible )) << --- this should help to proove me wrong :giggle:

·
Registered
2017 Big Horn EcoDiesel, 4WD, Bilstein leveling kit, few mods here & there....
60 Posts
Good morning. Looking for the directions to load my injector codes in to GDE ECM. Anybody have the link? TIA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

81 - 89 of 89 Posts