RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for everything Bluespark.....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Bluespark Pro+Boost thread

OK here's the separate thread for bluespark user's to post settings and results on. I copied and pasted the photos of how I installed it too.

If any of you who have it on already would like to post a photo of how you got your box secured in the bay that would be great. Im not sure if I like where mine is.

Cover on
View attachment 744

Cover and pad foam off
View attachment 745

The Bluespark box tuner
View attachment 746

Box and cables
View attachment 747

Picture that breaks down the Rail lines showing you that the rail pressure sensor you need is on the Left side when your looking at the motor it the sensor clip I had the most problems getting to with my hands( if you have small hands youll be fine I wear XL on gloves so mine are a little big)
View attachment 748

I took this black piece loose and moved it to the right the Boost sensor is behind it and couldn't get it on straight till I took these loose
View attachment 749

theres the clip im talking about that plugs into the bosch
View attachment 750

The old clips plugged into the new clips do not clip them upside down wont work. the little hook on the factory need to be up and hook on the clip hook
View attachment 751

I took the air intake tub off so I could push it back to gain room for my hand on the rail pressure sensor that's located on the far back of the rail like against the fire wall
View attachment 752

If you have a blue flashing light when keys in on position then you are good to start truck. Then it should be solid blue that means everything is good.
View attachment 753

Now this is something I will change but I haven't decided yet where to put this thing maybe on the battery? once you guys get yours give me some feed back on that.
View attachment 754

I know this isn't the best write up but im mean its all fairly simple but at the same time I need to take those things loose and of course the instructions didn't have that and the photo in the instructions is of a 3.0 motor but not a Rams so it looks much different then the actual thing. I hope this helps

So far I have went 550 miles with my box tuned to C-7 and my total MPG is 24.45 hand calculated miles. I was getting 22.5 mpg avg. prior to Bluespark Pro+Boost.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have mine set on d-6
Was using c-7 decided to change it when TC1500 said he set his on that
We all use different settings and we can post results

On a side note 120 mile trip today with a good amount of town city driving yielded 25.5 on the dash where the same trip before yielded 23.8 or so that was on c-7

I have since changed to d-6 and have not drove it yet

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I know on the web site... the prices are listed in sterling pounds. What was the price in USA $$$ with shipping?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
This thread is for everything Bluespark.....
Wouldn't this kind of topic be better in its own subforum rather than buried in the General Discussion? It would fit nicely under Diesel Garage in a new Tuning subforum alongside Electrical, Lighting, etc.

·
Registered
396 Posts
what is the novat code?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wouldn't this kind of topic be better in its own subforum rather than buried in the General Discussion? It would fit nicely under Diesel Garage in a new Tuning subforum alongside Electrical, Lighting, etc.
I'll see what I can do, good point

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am at my buddy's shop waiting to get the bluespark installed... I think I am going to go straight to D8... The Cherokee guys seem to believe this is the best performance option... stay tuned lol

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
what is the novat code?
NOVAT

enter that under coupon and it saves 20%

In Europe... they have what's known as the "V-alue A-dded T-ax." It makes things crazy expensive, since it's around 20%. AND... a lot of times, they add it into the price over there.

Since the product is being sold into an non VAT country... they will take it off the price.

For te pro+boost with novat code like $390

Hummm..... Under $400 shipped. I may have to just get mine ordered.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
OK... I was just on their site... and if I clicked on the RAM EcoDiesel version... it wouldn't show up in the cart. BUT, if I selected the Jeep version it would.

So... what version are you guys ordering?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I clicked dodge then ram ecodiesel. But it won't let you add to cart until you make your account it takes seconds and is easy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got mine installed a couple hours ago... the truck seems to be much more responsive with it set to D7... less lag and it seems like the turbo spools up quicker... however according to my boost gauge it does not look like it's making more boost... I might hit the drag strip with it this weekend... last year I raced my 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn with the Hemi and 8 spd bone stock and this is what it ran... I am curious to see if I can beat it with the chipped eco diesel lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just got mine installed a couple hours ago... the truck seems to be much more responsive with it set to D7... less lag and it seems like the turbo spools up quicker... however according to my boost gauge it does not look like it's making more boost... I might hit the drag strip with it this weekend... last year I raced my 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn with the Hemi and 8 spd bone stock and this is what it ran... I am curious to see if I can beat it with the chipped eco diesel lol
I would like to see the drag results! what boost gauge are you running? any pics?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am using the Torque Pro android app along with a cheap bluetooth obd2 reader... here's what it looks like... you can customize what data you want to log... it's very cool!!!

Here's what it looks like... this is before the blue spark box...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here's the same app in my Charger the last time I was out with it at the end of last season... That was a 10.7 pass... I just sold the TVS2300 blower I had on it and ordered a 2.9l Whipple which should be installed by the end of the month... I am shooting for 9 second pass... my previous best is a 10.5...

1 - 20 of 266 Posts