RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By unanimous decision(as the only official entry) our first "Ram of the Month" and lucky winner of $35 in fuel cards! CONGRATULATIONS CAPTAINMAL!!!!!

The criteria were: 3 photos of the truck, at least one with a "Ram1500Diesel.com" sign, and something to identify the truck to you. I gave tons of opportunity to get entries in and also gave reminders. I'll work with the admins to try and get new criteria that may drum up more entries. Here's the winning entry:

3-30 mal.jpg 3-30 ram diesel (2).jpg 3030 Pa,.jpg

·
Registered
362 Posts
Congrats captain! Great looking truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I was rigged !!!! I demand a recount !!! There were too many hangin chads !!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Congrats.

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
Hanging chads abound here. Temperatures are in the 80's now.

Did not realize all three photos would be used. Did one picture at first and then added two more later. Threw one with the wrong spelling on the sign in and the one my wife did not know I took. Darn wind (warm) kept turning the sign around seconds after leaving it go. She was working in the house and "all messed up". The middle picture was supposed to be the "real one" and Pam's hand is just off the sign for a second when I took it.

Oh well - fun all. Hope the rest of you are more creative for your winning entries in the future. Now get out there and do it right.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The typo is amusing--deisel is a type of marijuana.

The color sure looks much darker than Prairie Pearl Coat.

Although you have mentioned the truck's specs elsewhere, it would be nice to repeat them here so we know what we're looking at. Add-ons and future plans would be interesting to know, too.

Spend the winnings wisely! ;)

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
Can do. My truck is a :

Tradesman - customer preferred package 28B - Prairie Pearl - brake controller - rear camera - anti-spin rear- Popular Equipment Group - Exterior Appearance Group - Protection Group - 4 x 4 - quad cab - 3.55 differentials. That's an ARS cap with Outdoorsman side flip/sliding window and hinged inside window.

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
Prairie Pearl. Mostly looks brown but at times looks green.

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
Don't get Prairie Pearl. It looks like something I ate yesterday that I saw today. It was my wife's idea. I wanted white. Always want white. It looks good, doesn't show dust and dirt, patches up easily and you can get paint anywhere you can get paint.

Now this thing will never get patched correctly. No way are you going to match that paint. Any damage and repair and you are gonna look like an illegal driving with different door and bed colors. It shows dust and shows dents readily. I know because I dented that aluminum hood with my thumb just pushing it closed.

Then they put a bluish interior in the thing. Brown and blue - I kind of look like a bruise.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Don't get Prairie Pearl. It looks like something I ate yesterday that I saw today. It was my wife's idea. I wanted white. Always want white. It looks good, doesn't show dust and dirt, patches up easily and you can get paint anywhere you can get paint.
The dirt where you are is white? A white car looks like dirty underwear. The only thing it doesn't show is a water stain. And white is boring, the color of every institutional vehicle. I still remember the time we were in Hawaii with a cheap rental car--they are all white--and parked early at a trailhead. When we got back the lot was full of identical white cars! With manual locks finding the sucker took a lot longer than we wanted.

Prairie Pearl was also my wife's choice but she calls it Prairie Oyster. She has an art degree so I'm not going to argue color esthetics with her. It's a nice earth color and blends into the forests and rangelands. When dirty it will look like the surroundings including any pies hanging off the fenders. I like it.

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
Women. They make decisions and we go along with it against our better judgment.

My hood is not lined up the same from fender to fender. Antenna mounts I bought will only fit on one side. The other side is too tight. Monday I hope to stop at a local body shop and ask about grinding back a part of the hood for mount clearance. Then, of course, the whole darn thing will have to be painted. Not going to be inexpensive and I may not do it. At least I will find out what it might cost and then have to deal with matching the hood to the rest of the paint.

White is right.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts