RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I did on January 8th. It's a month tomorrow. I'm not all bitchy about it either. I'm stoked for my holier-than-thou rig.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeap ordered mine on the 29th of Jan.... Cant wait to get it and compare the MPG with my 07 Yukon xl denali lol... I should see a small difference.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Order in, Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab, 6'4" box 4x4
3.0 EcoDiesel
Air Suspension
8.4AN Nav
Spray in Bedliner
MSRP $52,430
Invoice $47,919
Gainesville Texas

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dealer says any/all incentives that are available between today and delivery will be applied, and I get about another 1% off because of my job.
I'm guessing there won't be many incentives on the diesel, but I'll end up paying about $44-45,000.
That's a lot for a truck, but my last new truck was in 2000.

·
Registered
281 Posts
That figure wouldn't be too bad... I just hate to commit to an order without knowing what I'll be paying. I've never ordered a car before. Are you locked into the sale?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered on Jan 8 in Airdrie Alberta, got the word that my Laramie was being built Feb 3 - 7with the expected delivery on Feb 17th.
looking forward to it very much, due to the lack of supply, was unable to test drive, so ordered on reviews alone.
Hope nobody out there that drove and reviewed was telling a lie!!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
We done did it on opening day:

Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 diesel with 6 ft 4 in. box
Prairie Pearl Coat (it will match the coating we get after traveling the back roads here)
Canyon Brown/Light Frost Beige Bucket Seats
17x7 wheels (will switch out tires on delivery)
4-Corner Air Suspension
Uconnect 8.4AN
Anti-Spin Differential, 3.55
Trailer Brake Control
Engine Block Heater
Rear Window Defroster
Remote Start System
Convenience Group
Protection Group
ParkSense

VON assigned, now the wait begins!
We would have preferred a Quad Cab but could not order the air suspension with it so opted for the Crew Cab which is 9 in. longer and 110 lbs heavier. It was either that or wait longer to order.
The manager said that the sold orders still come out of their monthly allotment of 3 diesels of which ours was the 3rd.
I also checked with Dennis Dillon in Idaho and they had sold 6 diesels so far, probably more by now.

Order screen
Ram order screen.jpg

A snowy day here, few customers
Ram lineup snow.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just talked to my dealer in Newportnews VA and they can not order it yet. said it will soon. I hope my tranny in my 08 GMC is going out,.

·
Registered
575 Posts
We done did it on opening day:

Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 diesel with 6 ft 4 in. box
Prairie Pearl Coat (it will match the coating we get after traveling the back roads here)
Canyon Brown/Light Frost Beige Bucket Seats
17x7 wheels (will switch out tires on delivery)
4-Corner Air Suspension
Uconnect 8.4AN
Anti-Spin Differential, 3.55
Trailer Brake Control
Engine Block Heater
Rear Window Defroster
Remote Start System
Convenience Group
Protection Group
ParkSense

VON assigned, now the wait begins!
We would have preferred a Quad Cab but could not order the air suspension with it so opted for the Crew Cab which is 9 in. longer and 110 lbs heavier. It was either that or wait longer to order.
The manager said that the sold orders still come out of their monthly allotment of 3 diesels of which ours was the 3rd.
I also checked with Dennis Dillon in Idaho and they had sold 6 diesels so far, probably more by now.

Order screen
View attachment 80

A snowy day here, few customers
View attachment 81
Bigfoot. Can you PM or post here where you placed your order. I would like to find out if the issues I am having ordering a outdoorsman is just a "area" problem and not a regional or national problem.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ordered Dec 23/13 so hoping I get the $8500 discount plus the $1500 holiday discount that was available the last 2 weeks in December. If I get all the discounts it should be just under $55K. Dealer said he didn't require a deposit from me. I know he knows that if I didn't take it he could easily sell it. I have a buyer for my current GM Denali pickup and will be selling it as a pass-thru trade this coming week, so hopefully my new ride will be here soon. First ever Ram and the last Chrysler product I owned was a 1975 Chrysler New Yorker, so it's been a while. I ordered a Limited with 5' 7" box, 3.92 axle, hitch & brake control but not the big mirrors, CD player, steps, sunroof, front park sensors, chrome body-side moulding, anti-spin diff and Deep cherry red crystal pearl paint. VON issued at time of order but no VIN yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ordered mine up on 2-8-14.
2014 Tradesman CC 6.4 bed 3.0 diesel
-Rambox
-prairie pearl coat
-cloth interior
-back up camera
-Uconnect 5.0
-anti-spin rear
-Trailer tow group
-protection group

·
Registered
10 Posts
Greetings All,

I'm new to the forum.
I just ordered a 1500 Longhorn on 2/14 (Happy Valentines Day).
This will be my fourth Dodge truck but the first time I've ever factory ordered any vehicle.
I'm looking forward to the experience.
My question is, about how long should I expect to wait before I start getting the email updates?
and/or how long until the Vehicle Order Tracking system should start working for me?
I have the VON but it tells me that it or my last name is incorrect... I'm pretty sure they're both correct so I assume it's still too soon.
any guesses?

My truck of choice is:
Longhorn, 5'7" stdrd box, crew cab 4x4
3.0 EcoDiesel (obviously)
Prairie Pearl Coat
Canyon Brown/Lt. Frost Beige with the Filigree seats
Pretty much loaded with all the options minus the moon roof (just wouldn't use it)
Cost: more than my first home and way more than anyone should admit paying for a vehicle ;-)

Thanks. Looking forward to being part of the forum.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Greetings All,

I'm new to the forum.
I just ordered a 1500 Longhorn on 2/14 (Happy Valentines Day).
This will be my fourth Dodge truck but the first time I've ever factory ordered any vehicle.
I'm looking forward to the experience.
My question is, about how long should I expect to wait before I start getting the email updates?
and/or how long until the Vehicle Order Tracking system should start working for me?
I have the VON but it tells me that it or my last name is incorrect... I'm pretty sure they're both correct so I assume it's still too soon.
any guesses?

My truck of choice is:
Longhorn, 5'7" stdrd box, crew cab 4x4
3.0 EcoDiesel (obviously)
Prairie Pearl Coat
Canyon Brown/Lt. Frost Beige with the Filigree seats
Pretty much loaded with all the options minus the moon roof (just wouldn't use it)
Cost: more than my first home and way more than anyone should admit paying for a vehicle ;-)

Thanks. Looking forward to being part of the forum.
Welcome! It takes about a week for the first email and access to the VOT system.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Order placed 02/11/14
$500 deposit required

2014 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, 5'7" bed, 3.0 Eco Diesel, leather bucket seats, remote start, air suspension, block heater, sunroof, rear defroster, rubber floor mats, trailer group, convenience group, and protection group.

MSRP $54,030 / Invoice $49,271

Incentives cant be forecasted until the truck has a delivery date scheduled. As of now its only $3000 here in California.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Got my confirmation today. When I check the status it showed that it is now scheduled for production. Ive heard of a lettering system to show when your truck is scheduled, but my screen did not show that info. Anybody have that info?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Got my confirmation today. When I check the status it showed that it is now scheduled for production. Ive heard of a lettering system to show when your truck is scheduled, but my screen did not show that info. Anybody have that info?
Here are the codes but AFAIK you have to contact your dealer or Chrysler Customer Service to find out where your order is sitting. A few of these correspond to what's on the VOT system.

Recent orders are probably C or D. I read that the early Canadian orders were at D1 with an estimated delivery and then recently reverted to C for unknown reasons. Something is wrong in Warren.

Unscheduled:
BX - good order available for scheduling
BB - fleet order only - review by bid department
BD - special equipment processing
BE - edit error - coding error which must be corrected before order can be scheduled
BG - order has passes edit but cannot be scheduled regardless of sold status

Reason Codes:
F - finance hold - automatic cancellation after 15 days
B - model or option build out
L - material restriction
M - material hold (fleet)
ZA - canceled order

Scheduled:
C - tentative schedule
D - firm schedule: serial number assigned, approx time in station - 5 days
D1 - gateline: unit sequenced for production, est ship date assigned, Approx time in station - 12 days

Build:
E - framing
F - paint
G - trim

Built:
I - unit built, pending final inspection
J - vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier
JB - shipped to body vendor
JE - shipped to emissions
JJ - consigned to body vendor
JS - shipped to storage
KZ - released by plant and invoiced

Traffic Codes:
KZ L - released but not shipped
KZ M - first rail departure
KZ N - first rail arrival
KZ O - delayed/received
KZ OA - plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB - zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted
KZ OC - carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error
KZ OD - mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold
KZ OE - misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF - shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG - damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZ OH - all other "O" type carrier codes
KZ T - second rail departure
KZ U - second rail arrival
KZ X - delivered to dealer
KZ Y1 - major damage - must not be sold as new
KZ Y2 - major damage - vehicle sold at auction

1 - 20 of 414 Posts