RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered mine on the 11 of Feb and its still on "Production Scheduled"
but when I called the 1-800 # she told me its on "D" firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available

You will need the VIN number
Note: your VON (8 digit Vehicle Order Number) will also work..

Call 1-800-992-1997 (1-800-465-2001 from Canada).
Listen to the automated operator then press 2 - note: sometimes 3. (To continue.)
Hold for the next available agent.
Do not enter an extension number, wait on the line (it will sound dead for a while).
When Prompted press 1. (you are a customer.)
When Prompted press 3. (customer service issues.)
Press 3 Again. (customer service issues.)
If you have a VIN

If you have a VIN, press 1 here and provide the number
If you do not yet have a VIN, you can try using the 8 digit VON.

VON only - Press 3 = Home telephone number
Enter your 10 digit home telephone number. (No 1 before the area code.)
Press 1 (If telephone number reads back to you correctly.)
Wait on the line for a customer service representative.
When they pick up tell them you want to check on the status of a new vehicle order.
If you plan to make several calls as the truck order progresses:

On your second call, ask them for your File Number, they create it after you call the first time. Using this number will speed things up on subsequent calls.

ORDER STATUS CODES From: RAMTUFF4X <[email protected]>

Not Scheduled yet
BB review by fleet department
BD special equipment processing
BE edit error
BG passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL edit ok parts unavailable
BX passed edit available for schedule

Scheduled:
C sub firm
D firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1 gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
Assembly Line:
E frame
F paint
G trim

Assembly Completed:
I built not ok'd
J built ok'd
JB shipped to body vendor
JE emission check
JS shipped to storage
KZ released by plant , invoiced
Shipping Status:
KZL released - not shipped
KZM first rail departure
KZN first rail arrival
KZO delayed/recieved
KZOA plant holds
KZOB zone/distribution holds
KZOC carrier delays
KZOD carrier holds
KZOE mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF show/test vehicle
KZOG damaged vehicle
KZOH all other reasons
KZT second rail departure
KZU second rail arrival
KZX delivered to dealer
KZY1 - major damage - must not be sold as new
KZY2 - major damage - vehicle sold at auction
ZA canceled

Railroad tracking - find your Ram after it has been shipped!

Rams built in St. Louis are trucked to Chicago, then put into the Rail system. Vehicles from Mexico are trucked to New Orleans and then shipped by rail to distribution hubs.

Union Pacific RR

Subject: Re: DiRT: Are you waiting for a new Ram?
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 20:53:51 -0700

Once you have the train car number I found the information at http://my.uprr.com/pet/ more accurate and informative. The Burlington Northern site is good for finding the rail car number if you have the VIN though. Union Pacific also has maps at http://www.uprr.com/uprr/ffh/maps/sysmap/ that give you some of the strange train station names they use for identifying locations. If your not at your computer but have access to a phone try 1-800-634-2204 and follow the instructions. This computerized message will tell you accurately where the train car is, same information as the above internet site. I followed my truck, which I am going to pick up tomorrow, from St. Louis to Portland using the above. It finally got to Portland last Thursday morning. Once your truck leaves the plant don't bother calling the 1-800-992-1997 number at CC unless you just want the rail car number...........

Burlington Northern RR

Mar 20, 2002
I received a note from Michael Schumacher saying that BN had disabled tracking as a security measure following the Sep 11, 2001 terrorist attack. I have left the link in case the railroad decides to allow the public to track shipments. Until then, you will need to contact your dealership and have them do the trace.

Subject: DiRT: Are you waiting for a new Ram?
Date: Thursday, July 02, 1998 4:21 AM

If you're waiting anxiously for a new Ram like I am...you might enjoy this link: BNSF Equipment Tracing Tools
Put the last 8 digits of your VIN number in the box and check-off the VIN option. It will tell you where your vehicle is...if it's been shipped on Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway.

Charlie Martin
Jupiter, FL

CSXT RR

Posted to the TDR Forum

Those of you who have trucks coming East from St. Louis on CXST can follow delivery route on this map http://www.csxt.com/abt/rail/map.htm , and trace by calling 1-800-235-2352 (select option 1 and you will be asked for the rail car initials. Input rail car letters Example T=T1 corresponding to 1st letter on #8, X=X2. You will then be asked for the rail car number.Input numbers and when asked for equip. initials again, press # key. This will tell you when and where train has arrived, or when and where it has departed for.

Norfolk Southern RR

Trucks shipped to much of the southeast will travel from St. Loius or New Orleans (ams built in Mexico) via Norfolk Southern http://www.nscorp.com/nscorp/html/home.html

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
Always amazed at how smart and informed some people are. I was challenged just reading all that information. Guess I'm as dumb as I look.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Always amazed at how smart and informed some people are. I was challenged just reading all that information. Guess I'm as dumb as I look.

Thanks for the info.
Nobody is dumb if they're ordering the right truck, buddy. Some people have certain info "click", you bring to the table what some of us lack: lifemiles and experience.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I do not believe D status means "all parts available." If that were true I and others would not be in a holding pattern for many weeks in D status. What it means is that a VIN has been assigned. D1 status means the parts are available and the vehicle has been assigned a production slot.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
mine shows final inspection stage but still no vin number listed
The VIN should be near the bottom of the emails they send if you requested notifications. It does not appear on the VOT webpage although you can see it in the URL address. Or you can always ask your dealer.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I can't subscribe to the VOTs =/ when I hit the button it only says Unsubscribe. I even tried unsubscribing then re subscribing and it didn't ask for my email or anything =/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Let me clear a bit up here. It is mostly accurate up unto the railroad tracking but after that things have changed, like, St Louis no longer existing...

1500 Quad and Crew Cabs come from Warren, 1500 Regular Cabs come from Saltillo. All vehicles are shipped through a variety of rail carriers and haulaway carriers (trucks) depending on the final destination which may be a few hundred miles away depending on the rail system.

Vehicles coming from Warren are, depending on the final destination:

• Loaded on to trucks for local delivery
  • Loaded onto trucks and hauled across the border to the minivan plant and either loaded onto train or onto another truck for delivery. This happens to Canadian orders going east typically.
  • Loaded onto trucks to another local yard all the way to Toledo if necessary and then shipped by train. This happens for the west coast, Canada west, and many other destinations.
  • Loaded directly onto rail cars at Warren for various points of delivery.
Vehicles coming from Saltillo are typically loaded on to trains where they cross the border at either El Paso or Eagle Pass. From there they either continue on or are switched onto a different train to continue on to their final destination.

A variety of rail carriers are used and not necessarily exclusive to one depending on the region.

As for individual statuses I've always thought of them this way:

C - Plant thinks they can build the truck. Need to order parts and find a time to build it.
D - Parts are ordered.
D1 - Plant knows when the parts are going to be here AND when a time is available to build it.

If you get into C status, you've passed all the order checks. These checks include verifying the dealer isn't ordering something the plant can't build and the dealer has allocation and can actually pay for the truck. There are many times when you seem to go backwards as the parts that were ordered don't come in for some reason or they come in and they are defective. Unfortunately that happens and the supplier is dealt with appropriately. For the most part things run smoothly, At other times like when you guys order 8000 trucks hiccups occur.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I can't seem to get an order status code. I Only ordered on 3-6-14 and received an email notifying me that production scheduled and it gave me a VIN. I called ram to see if I could get an estimated ship date and was informed my truck was being built and was moving down the line. I never got a status code nor could I get an estimated ship date but I am having a hard time believing that my truck is already being built.
Guess we'll see.
Alright I called back today and got entirely different information. My truck is actually in D status which is much more likely, now the wait begins.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered mine on the 11 of Feb and its still on "Production Scheduled"
but when I called the 1-800 # she told me its on "D" firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available

You will need the VIN number
Note: your VON (8 digit Vehicle Order Number) will also work..

Call 1-800-992-1997 (1-800-465-2001 from Canada).
Listen to the automated operator then press 2 - note: sometimes 3. (To continue.)
Hold for the next available agent.
Do not enter an extension number, wait on the line (it will sound dead for a while).
When Prompted press 1. (you are a customer.)
When Prompted press 3. (customer service issues.)
Press 3 Again. (customer service issues.)
If you have a VIN

If you have a VIN, press 1 here and provide the number
If you do not yet have a VIN, you can try using the 8 digit VON.

VON only - Press 3 = Home telephone number
Enter your 10 digit home telephone number. (No 1 before the area code.)
Press 1 (If telephone number reads back to you correctly.)
Wait on the line for a customer service representative.
When they pick up tell them you want to check on the status of a new vehicle order.
If you plan to make several calls as the truck order progresses:

On your second call, ask them for your File Number, they create it after you call the first time. Using this number will speed things up on subsequent calls.

ORDER STATUS CODES From: RAMTUFF4X <[email protected]>

Not Scheduled yet
BB review by fleet department
BD special equipment processing
BE edit error
BG passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL edit ok parts unavailable
BX passed edit available for schedule

Scheduled:
C sub firm
D firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1 gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
Assembly Line:
E frame
F paint
G trim

Assembly Completed:
I built not ok'd
J built ok'd
JB shipped to body vendor
JE emission check
JS shipped to storage
KZ released by plant , invoiced
Shipping Status:
KZL released - not shipped
KZM first rail departure
KZN first rail arrival
KZO delayed/recieved
KZOA plant holds
KZOB zone/distribution holds
KZOC carrier delays
KZOD carrier holds
KZOE mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF show/test vehicle
KZOG damaged vehicle
KZOH all other reasons
KZT second rail departure
KZU second rail arrival
KZX delivered to dealer
KZY1 - major damage - must not be sold as new
KZY2 - major damage - vehicle sold at auction
ZA canceled

Railroad tracking - find your Ram after it has been shipped!

Rams built in St. Louis are trucked to Chicago, then put into the Rail system. Vehicles from Mexico are trucked to New Orleans and then shipped by rail to distribution hubs.

Union Pacific RR

Subject: Re: DiRT: Are you waiting for a new Ram?
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 20:53:51 -0700

Once you have the train car number I found the information at http://my.uprr.com/pet/ more accurate and informative. The Burlington Northern site is good for finding the rail car number if you have the VIN though. Union Pacific also has maps at http://www.uprr.com/uprr/ffh/maps/sysmap/ that give you some of the strange train station names they use for identifying locations. If your not at your computer but have access to a phone try 1-800-634-2204 and follow the instructions. This computerized message will tell you accurately where the train car is, same information as the above internet site. I followed my truck, which I am going to pick up tomorrow, from St. Louis to Portland using the above. It finally got to Portland last Thursday morning. Once your truck leaves the plant don't bother calling the 1-800-992-1997 number at CC unless you just want the rail car number...........

Burlington Northern RR

Mar 20, 2002
I received a note from Michael Schumacher saying that BN had disabled tracking as a security measure following the Sep 11, 2001 terrorist attack. I have left the link in case the railroad decides to allow the public to track shipments. Until then, you will need to contact your dealership and have them do the trace.

Subject: DiRT: Are you waiting for a new Ram?
Date: Thursday, July 02, 1998 4:21 AM

If you're waiting anxiously for a new Ram like I am...you might enjoy this link: BNSF Equipment Tracing Tools
Put the last 8 digits of your VIN number in the box and check-off the VIN option. It will tell you where your vehicle is...if it's been shipped on Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway.

Charlie Martin
Jupiter, FL

CSXT RR

Posted to the TDR Forum

Those of you who have trucks coming East from St. Louis on CXST can follow delivery route on this map http://www.csxt.com/abt/rail/map.htm , and trace by calling 1-800-235-2352 (select option 1 and you will be asked for the rail car initials. Input rail car letters Example T=T1 corresponding to 1st letter on #8, X=X2. You will then be asked for the rail car number.Input numbers and when asked for equip. initials again, press # key. This will tell you when and where train has arrived, or when and where it has departed for.

Norfolk Southern RR

Trucks shipped to much of the southeast will travel from St. Loius or New Orleans (ams built in Mexico) via Norfolk Southern http://www.nscorp.com/nscorp/html/home.html
Do you or someone knows the shipping time frame once you are on D1. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Anyone have their truck go into "JS shipped to storage"? If so, how long.... did you ever find out what held it up..... did you take delivery and it turned out ok?

My status just went to JS today.... shipped to storage does not sound like a good thing at all. That sounds like... "we know this is going to take awhile to fix and need it out of our way until someone can deal with it later... maybe."

Any insight?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ordered 4/12/2014
Currently D1

Est Build: 5/4/2014
Est Ship: 5/5/2014

·
Registered
17 Posts
How long did it take to get to D1 status? Did you receive an email or call the dealership to get the information? Thank you.

·
Registered
362 Posts
How long did it take to get to D1 status? Did you receive an email or call the dealership to get the information? Thank you.
My dealer called me, took over a week almost 2, but had to change my order from 17" to 20" wheels, my GC E/D took about 5 days

·
Registered
23 Posts
I accepted the offer for the order on 4/9 my deposit cleared 4/8
I have recieved no info, dealer said that I would be emailed about production from factory.
I have no vin and no von , how can I get these?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I ordered my truck on 4/8 and it is still scheduled for production. I called to day and that is all they said.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Do you or someone knows the shipping time frame once you are on D1. Thanks in advance.

at "D1"... your truck isn't built yet. But, you can get the build date from customer service. From what I've noticed... it's normally 3 weeks from the time it goes from D to D1. At that point it can be 1 to 6 weeks to get delivered. (but it's speeding up) The typical order to deliver time is 6~7 weeks. (but I've seen it as fast as 5 weeks, and as long as 12 weeks)

·
Registered
362 Posts
I accepted the offer for the order on 4/9 my deposit cleared 4/8
I have recieved no info, dealer said that I would be emailed about production from factory.
I have no vin and no von , how can I get these?
I got my VON at the dealer the day i ordered it. I'd call your dealer they should have your VIN by now

1 - 20 of 75 Posts