RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 459 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone, lets use this thread to talk all things outdoorsman. Questions, comments, post your truck etc.
FYI according to SPP from another ram site, 17" wheels is Finally open for ordering

·
Registered
346 Posts
Of course the 17" wheels are open for ordering. Ram had to wait until I ordered mine with 20s (semigloss black), build it, and now I'm waiting for it. But I'm sure I'll be just as happy with them. I think I'll like the black wheels with the colors I ordered and future plans.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My question is why only 17"s and 20"s aren't 16"s and 18" s more mainstream?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course the 17" wheels are open for ordering. Ram had to wait until I ordered mine with 20s (semigloss black), build it, and now I'm waiting for it. But I'm sure I'll be just as happy with them. I think I'll like the black wheels with the colors I ordered and future plans.
I'm in the same boat with you AZ. My truck was just built. But the idea of black 20's is growing on me. Will look good on the Outdoorsman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
I like the argent colored wheels that came on my Outdoorsman.

IMAG0925 (2).jpg

Reactions: TroyBox and zeus95

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shaker, are you the only one on this forum who has ordered received and posted pics of an EcoDiesel Outdoorsman on this forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
I know it's already a done deal for some but has anyone that was forced to spend 1400 feel like they were took?
i'm sure i'll like them but i think they should through us a bone coupon or something.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Shaker, are you the only one on this forum who has ordered received and posted pics of an EcoDiesel Outdoorsman on this forum?
Maybe. I have not seen another one on this forum or others.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I know it's already a done deal for some but has anyone that was forced to spend 1400 feel like they were took?
i'm sure i'll like them but i think they should through us a bone coupon or something.
Despite my previous comment, I definitely feel that Ram is sticking it to us in an unethical manner. Really, the 1500 Outdoorsman has 17" standard wheels, except for the ED. In my conversations with Ram reps I received no logical explanation, only excuses really, as to why 20s were "required". And I made a big stink that if they were required that they were no longer an "option", and therefore why would we be charged $1400 for the now "standard" (because it is required) 20s on the ED. CRICKETS! So yes, we are being forced to pay extra for something for which Ram really has no good explanation. I believe if enough people were to make a big enough deal, that Ram may have reconsidered the extra cost. At this point I thinks it's too late. 2015s are just a few months away from ordering.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I thought I posted mine but maybe it was some other forum...I got my outdoorsman 2 weeks ago and love it...got it nearly loaded though. The air suspension is great the ride is so smooth. I have 600 miles so far on the first tank I was at 22.5 MPG running near 23 now...60 highway 40 city...but on the highway I average 70-80 mph. Next week I am taking my 2 4 wheelers and lots of gear on a 500 mile trip to go bear hunting I will let you know how the MPG is then. If you all have any questions let me know

IMG_0161.JPG

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have had my outdoorsman for 2 weeks now and love the truck. it has the black 20" rims on it, was not big on them at first but now love them. I find they really set off the truck.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I thought I posted mine but maybe it was some other forum...I got my outdoorsman 2 weeks ago and love it...got it nearly loaded though. The air suspension is great the ride is so smooth. I have 600 miles so far on the first tank I was at 22.5 MPG running near 23 now...60 highway 40 city...but on the highway I average 70-80 mph. Next week I am taking my 2 4 wheelers and lots of gear on a 500 mile trip to go bear hunting I will let you know how the MPG is then. If you all have any questions let me know
View attachment 664
If possible can you post a pict of the rear seat. I wanted to put on carhart seat covers and I am not sure what config I should order for the rear seat.

Carhartt® Seat Covers - Best Price on Carhartt® Duck Weave Seat Covers for Trucks, Cars & SUVs

Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
At the beginning of the week I posted pix of my Outdoorsman Quad cab ED look on the Tread DELIVERED TRUCKS page 26 17"wheels Silent Armor on road/of road tires !

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey guys, i just received my 2014 eco Diesel outdoorsman! I cant wait. The only questions I have are:
i ordered the outdoorsman with monotone paint i.e Black - i hate chrome that is why I ordered the outdoorsman it shows up with Chrome bumpers. The brochure, and online when you build and quote all say it comes with BLACK lower and painted front and rear bumpers. If I ordered MONOTONE I was told that the lowers are body colour. So what gives with the ugly chrome bumpers? And I have to look closer today if the lower is black or body colour(px8)
secondly every photo on the planet boosts the dual exhaust with the diesel, shows up with galv. single exhaust.

Was this thing a johnny cash truck or what. I have not signed off on this yet, and I may not!

Anyone have any answers?

·
Registered
735 Posts
I can’t comment on the bumpers, however everything I’ve read, and the Ram brochure in front of me, says the Outdoorsman comes with single exhaust, not dual. This is one of the reasons I want the Outdoorsman, I don’t care for the dual exhaust.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hmm..the picture of the monotone Outdoorsman in my brochure show a chrome bumper. I see the same thing in guys pictures who have posted here. It looks like as soon as you go monotone, you lose the black bumper and get some bling with the chrome ones. m I think I like black bumpers better too,

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Monotone doesn't always mean completely one color. In this case, I think it refers to not having the contrasting color down the sills and over the wheel arches. I order monotone, too, and fully expect my Laramie to arrive with chrome bumpers. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't. ;) Can live with it either way.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
hey guys, i just received my 2014 eco Diesel outdoorsman! I cant wait. The only questions I have are:
i ordered the outdoorsman with monotone paint i.e Black - i hate chrome that is why I ordered the outdoorsman it shows up with Chrome bumpers. The brochure, and online when you build and quote all say it comes with BLACK lower and painted front and rear bumpers. If I ordered MONOTONE I was told that the lowers are body colour. So what gives with the ugly chrome bumpers? And I have to look closer today if the lower is black or body colour(px8)
secondly every photo on the planet boosts the dual exhaust with the diesel, shows up with galv. single exhaust.

Was this thing a johnny cash truck or what. I have not signed off on this yet, and I may not!

Anyone have any answers?
When I was researching colors months ago the Outdoorsman came either as monotone with chrome bumpers or as two-tone with black lower stripe and bumpers. Both came with a color-matched grill, so the Outdoorsman was the only EcoDiesel trim available without any chrome. Personally, I like chrome bumpers and accents--but not for the interior!

I've read many places that all EcoDiesels come with a dual exhaust, although a few people have reported ordering the Outdoorsman with a single exhaust so maybe that is an option. I am beginning to think that Ram is short for Random.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My thoughts are Ram is growing faster than they are ready for. They need to be careful with there growth and get the information right or they will make people mad. They got to be able to almost double production to reach there competition. If they try to go to fast they'll crash and burn.

1 - 20 of 459 Posts