RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post here for everything Racechip related....

·
Registered
334 Posts
Alright I received my race chip and got it put on last night. Nice increase in throttle response and a noticeable increase in power overall. Stock settings of B 1. Mileage is up on evic from 23.5 to 27 for the same 55 mile drive to work. Betting that some of this is from the chip fooling the computer. I'll fuel up Sunday and see for sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine came B1. I am currently running D5 and it really woke itself up. I like it so much I called and had them set me up as a dealer on Friday. I always ran the 5.9's and 6.7's but thought it was time for a change. I wanted to get something that would get me mid 20's. I have a front and rear leveling kit and have 35 inch tires and I just got back from a 585 mile round trip and got 23.1mpg. Didn't drive anywhere close to the speed limit the whole time. Probably would have gotten my mid 20's. I am sold for sure on this chip.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I ended up at 25 overall on that tank that was 130 miles without the tuner and 250 with it took 15.1 gal to fill it. Avg with evic was at 23.5 before the tuner ended up at 25.5 overall when I fueled up. Reset second trip meter to see avg with the tuner evic said 26.8. Actual average with tuner looks like 26. So a 2-3 mpg improvement I'm happy with that. Also appears the tuner is fooling the evic by almost 1 mpg. This drive was mostly interstate at 78-80 mph.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
If true that's pretty substantial of an increase.
It's not.

As CG98x said... "It's the unit fooling the computer".

Basically, the ECU is calculating fuel usage from a known rail pressure. The box is raising the fuel pressure, to put more fuel into the engine. BUT... assuming he's now enjoying the new power too much... I'm sure he will see an increase once he hand calculates his MPG's.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Are there any long term reliability concerns with this type of chip? What about the warranty?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do some Research.... if they find out, warranty void!

There are better safer ways to make hp/tq

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
@spang - it appears so. i was on their site last night reading, i think the bluespark provides a little more information about what/how they are doing what they do (mind you i'm not saying the racechip is bad or whatever). anyway it appears that they list the identical same HP/Torque numbers. what i didn't see on the racechip is any boost control. but it appears they are both fairly close.

in terms of reliability, its pretty early for the ED to make any real claim, but i do have my opinions...however diesel tuning has been around FOREVER and bluespark has been making tuners for the Jeep Cherokee with the same 3.0V6 for a few years. there's not been any problem i've come across reading those forums. the transmission and the VM are really well engineered, the Maserati is pushing similar HP/Torque as the 'tuned' ED... so i'm convinced when my truck shows up, bluespark is the first purchase.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The masseratti isn't using any higher rail pressures to get there, fuel mapping and exhaust and turbo is the difference

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed my RaceChip and am impressed. I am over 420 miles on a half tank of fuel and up from 33mpg to 38-39 on the intent mpg gauge. My overall MPG is rising quickly from 27 since I left the dealer to 28.5 now after 1900 miles. If I can keep my foot out of the 'gas', I will be doing good. I did raise the performance settings 2 clicks to the upper side just to see how the truck would feel. I can definitely feel a difference but cannot say how it compares to other systems, don't have the money to invest but I am happy with my purchase. BTW, I have a 2015 4x4 Laramie.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I realise this is a old thread but I am just wondering if anyone is running this on their '16s. I just want some pep on these Great Northern Highways. Just more top end when passing. Thx.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wow. When i saw this thread resurrected I thought it was going to be a sarcastic post I would be reading. Im sorry I dont have any advice on these racechips as I have the GDE tune but I would not waste my money on these boxes anymore as there are much better options out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thx. I need something that I can plug in after ECM that does not leave a trace. Just had an interesting talk with the dealer and how "big brother" is able to track what I do to the truck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Honestly, anything you do that will change the fuel mapping or shift points or really anything else will leave a trace, even plugging in a cel reader in the obd port shows up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts