RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post here for everything steinbauer.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Chris, why don't you put your original review of your Steinbauer tune here to get things started.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I plan on it once I get it... It should literally be here any day I paid for it what it's gotta be almost a month ago, as soon as I get it I will post a pic of the unit and I found a place to dyno my truck finally so I plan on doing a before and after to see if it's worth the money, steinbauer tells me I am the first and only one to order the unit so it should be interesting....

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wholly! It took forever! Now just gotta get it installed and dyno it hopefully this week... see if it's worth keeping!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was shipped from Austria and built there, maybe they built it for me! Lol

They tell me I am the only dummy to buy one so far!

Reactions: gleb

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok so I got the unit on late last night, ( I will post a picture later) took it out for a little drive and it like a completely different truck!!! It just puts you back in your seat and holds you there!! There is still turbo lag but was the truck f**kin rips now. I can light the back tires at a stop no problems, I was not expecting such a difference.... I booked a dyno next tuesday (hopefully the guy haas his machine set up by that time). The original deisel doctors blew me off when I called them this morning to book a time....

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This engine has some serious power locked away in there....wholly!!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
so first off - I TOLD YOU SO! :p ok seriously, everything that is available indicated the VM has so much going for it and that really its pretty undertuned for North America (thank you EPA). so on that front, i'm glad to hear you are feeling (literally) the same way.

now, please because you KNOW i'm going to ask for it - can you give us some EGT, Oil and other temperatures when you are having fun (ie pedal to the metal) along with when you are just cruising at highway speeds? and how is this different from the bluespark? i ask only because in one of your pictures of the open box, it looked like there were a lot of cables that were similar to the blue spark, meaning going to plug into something/somewhere (rail pressure sensor, etc). in terms of tune, are you using the most aggressive or recommended/standard?

its great to have someone trying another product and giving feedback, its also great that by and large the ED is capable of giving us real data to evaluate and ensure we are not creating unsafe conditions (HIGH EGT!!!!) that could have long term impact...

* just to clarify I NEVER said these engines wouldn't make more hp!

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
If you can light the tires without holding onto the brake - it's sure rocks.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so first off - I TOLD YOU SO! :p ok seriously, everything that is available indicated the VM has so much going for it and that really its pretty undertuned for North America (thank you EPA). so on that front, i'm glad to hear you are feeling (literally) the same way.

now, please because you KNOW i'm going to ask for it - can you give us some EGT, Oil and other temperatures when you are having fun (ie pedal to the metal) along with when you are just cruising at highway speeds? and how is this different from the bluespark? i ask only because in one of your pictures of the open box, it looked like there were a lot of cables that were similar to the blue spark, meaning going to plug into something/somewhere (rail pressure sensor, etc). in terms of tune, are you using the most aggressive or recommended/standard?

its great to have someone trying another product and giving feedback, its also great that by and large the ED is capable of giving us real data to evaluate and ensure we are not creating unsafe conditions (HIGH EGT!!!!) that could have long term impact...
Oil temps looked to be about the same as normal (without unit) ad far as egt's I have no idea, the unit has a built in safety mechanism to back off the unit if the egt's get to high. As far as I know this is the only unit that wwont void your warranty. It doesn't hook up to any sensors it takes your plug that goes. To your injectors in. One plug and another plug goes to the injector. So your harness is 12 plugs and an computer box that's full of circuitry.

There is only one adjustment if you open up the back of the unit it's set at 100%. And you can adjust from 50% to 130%

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It came set at 100 so that's where I am leaving it for now....
As far as how it works just Google it, I don't feel like typing a huge long explanation. There is tons of info on it out there.

The most important thing is I am making SAFE hp!!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
334 Posts
If this module only lengthens injector pulse to increase HP you really need to monitor EGT's to see how they are. Only reason the egts bother me is I saw alarming numbers with my truck in stock form. I have a Van Aaken module which added power the same way on my 03 cummins and it gave decent power but ran high egts. Without any added timing they get hot in a hurry and I was even running an aftermarket turbo for more boost. I ended up going a different route to get more power with lower egts. If the box only plugs into the injector wires how is it supposed to defuel if egts get too high? Nevertheless curious to see the numbers you get on the dyno and glad to hear about the added power.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
well here's a horrible video that shows how it generally works; someone please tell them to never use this music in any video again lol ... Installation on cars - STEINBAUER Performance Power Module - DragTimes.com

so you had to have it installed, this wasn't something that was "unplug a few wires, plug in a few wires"? just trying to get a sense of mechanical requirement to do this type of setup.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did it myself in the driveway last night, took me about and hour and a half to get everything aall nice and neat and powered.... was super easy, except for reaching those back injectors and getting that damn foam back on properly

Reactions: gleb
1 - 20 of 72 Posts