RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

481 - 500 of 509 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DEF Delete, EGR Stage 2 Delete, Tuned, Timbren bump stops, Straight Piped, B
96 Posts
What's the expected EGT for Sensor 1 when towing?

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
those temps really show how we are almost in regen territory while towing ..

your EGT 4 at -40 , now that does not look normal ......

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
Thanks Crash68 , I didn't know the Torque Pro app value for EGT4 was like that ...
I get a reading on the EDGE monitor .

·
Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DEF Delete, EGR Stage 2 Delete, Tuned, Timbren bump stops, Straight Piped, B
96 Posts
Fully deleted guys. Nothing left for emissions on the truck. Removed DPF, EGR, CAT and muffler already. I belive some of the sensors were removed which is why they show -40 and 1,832. Is sensor 1 pre turbo?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,585 Posts
Fully deleted guys. Nothing left for emissions on the truck. Removed DPF, EGR, CAT and muffler already. I belive some of the sensors were removed which is why they show -40 and 1,832. Is sensor 1 pre turbo?
Yes EGTB1S1 is pre turbo.
I've seen EGTB1S1 temps like that with 8K behind me while fully stock, and have seen the DPF percentage has actually gone down. Being your deleted the pre-turbo temps might run higher as the combustion gases move out faster but they'll also cool faster.
Of memory serves me correctly, GDE mentioned about the turbo being able to handle somewhere in the area of 1500°F.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Another interesting thing is I've set an Alarm in Torque Pro for me EGT monitor however it's asking for the value in Celsius. In preferences I have Celsius unchecked and displaying everything in Fahrenheit. Even being a Canuck some things are easier to understand in Fahrenheit. I've set it at at 815C but it would be nice if the alarm was also in Fahrenheit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Anyone using the BAFX odb adapter and leave it plugged in all times? Wonder if it will drain battery. Ususlly truck is running often but occasionally isn't run for a week at a time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I enjoy this thread. I have a question concerning the DPF capacity reading. Mine goes to 100% about 150 miles before it goes into "Regen". Is there a way to change the formula to get the gauge closer to the regen. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
4,585 Posts
Anyone using the BAFX odb adapter and leave it plugged in all times?
If the BAFX has an auto power mode like the OBDLink MX/MX+ adapters you should be able to. I have an MX that I leave plugged in without any battery run down issues even when parked for more than a week

·
Super Moderator
4,585 Posts
I have a question concerning the DPF capacity reading. Mine goes to 100% about 150 miles before it goes into "Regen". Is there a way to change the formula to get the gauge closer to the regen.
What's the last percentage read out you see before it jumps to 100%? On a stock tune it's about 66%. I think when it jumps to 100% it's a function of the ECM prepping to run a regen cycle. If I remember correctly GDE stated that the DPF pressure drop and calculated percentage based on driving conditions are simultaneously used to determine when the DPF does a regen. I doubt there would be any way to change the PID to compensate for how the DPF capacity is displayed.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If the BAFX has an auto power mode like the OBDLink MX/MX+ adapters you should be able to. I have an MX that I leave plugged in without any battery run down issues even when parked for more than a week
How do you know if it has this? Reason I ask is I was just re-tuned and started using the odb2/torque pro at same time and started having bizarre engine codes related to service trailer plug even though I wasn't in tow mode or have a trailer. I now leave the odb2 disconnected unless it's already running then plug it in and start torque pro. Not likely that tuning was causing it but somehow leaving odb2 plugged in all time.

·
Super Moderator
4,585 Posts
Not likely that tuning was causing it but somehow leaving odb2 plugged in all time.
You would have to look up the features it has from the manufacturer, or it probably is listed in the manual that came with the adapter.
As for your strange code, do you have the OBD Protocol set to: ISO 15765-4 (CAN 11bit/500k baud)
When the adapter "scans" to find the correct protocol, you can get those strange errors.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You would have to look up the features it has from the manufacturer, or it probably is listed in the manual that came with the adapter.
As for your strange code, do you have the OBD Protocol set to: ISO 15765-4 (CAN 11bit/500k baud)
When the adapter "scans" to find the correct protocol, you can get those strange errors.
Looks like a no go for a power saving feature. Will check the ODB protocol setting soon and post back!

·
Registered
9 Posts
What's the last percentage read out you see before it jumps to 100%? On a stock tune it's about 66%. I think when it jumps to 100% it's a function of the ECM prepping to run a regen cycle. If I remember correctly GDE stated that the DPF pressure drop and calculated percentage based on driving conditions are simultaneously used to determine when the DPF does a regen. I doubt there would be any way to change the PID to compensate for how the DPF capacity is displayed.
Thanks Crash. Yes it is i=somewhere in the 60% area when it goes to 100%.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Where is the protocol setting at? Don't see it under OBD2 Adapter Settings in the app.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Currently set to Automatic. Should this be changed? Also, what about the Faster communication open under the OBD2 settings?

·
Super Moderator
4,585 Posts
Currently set to Automatic. Should this be changed? Also, what about the Faster communication open under the OBD2 settings?
Change it from Automatic to: ISO 15765-4 (CAN 11bit/500k baud)
The faster communication doesn't work with all OBD adapters, I don't use it

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have it enabled and it's working so I'm going to assume that means it's compatible? Any real benefits?

481 - 500 of 509 Posts