RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
541 - 546 of 546 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Went for a drive today and things seem to be working pretty nicely. Got to experience my 1st Regen, mission accomplished! You'll notice I have Avg Regen Time showing on display window 2 as 6 hours, and Avg Distance between Regens 205 as display DPF Distance. For that reason, I decided to add a Trip Meter Display below it so that the trip meter can be manually set to Zero upon completion of a Regen. This enables me to measure the distance between regens so as I approach the average it will act as another indication of an eminent regen. For me, it's just another gauge that would corroborate all the other gauges it indicate when a Regen is eminent. The Trip Reset button works as expected.
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Does anyone know of a PID for Trip Time? Not Average Time between Regens, just a regular plain old trip meter that records time and is cleared only when manually reset. I'm hoping the Trip Reset Button will reset both once I add the Trip meter for time.

Still searching for an inexpensive tablet I can use.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did some googling yesterday while the kiddos were at swim practice. Looks like a third party app is needed to make it work, but people have done it!

I just watched this video. Although he makes reference to Torque Pro, he doesn't illustrate installing Torque Pro nor uses it. Instead he's installed Android Auto which is appears to be a similar app to Torque Pro and displays that, so I'm not sure it would work, has anyone tried it yet and if so any success?

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Crash68
@Bounty Hunter

This is what it looked like for my ~50 mile drive to work today. Soot pegged at 100% the whole way. 99% interstate drive, cruise set at 75mph.

New to the forum and I have this app for other vehicles, namely my new KTM... I have a 21 Ram 3.0 Ecodiesel and had all kinds of questions about my regen process... I don't see a way to get the soot % and regen mode buttons on as a display. For DPF all I have is pressure and temperature.... Help please!

·
Registered
42 Posts
New to the forum and I have this app for other vehicles, namely my new KTM... I have a 21 Ram 3.0 Ecodiesel and had all kinds of questions about my regen process... I don't see a way to get the soot % and regen mode buttons on as a display. For DPF all I have is pressure and temperature.... Help please!
Check out post #316. HillBilli put all the PIDS discussed in this thread up to that point. If you don't find what your looking for, you might have to scroll through the balance...I'm gone through this entire thread a few times myself...

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,344 Posts
I don't see a way to get the soot % and regen mode buttons on as a display. For DPF all I have is pressure and temperature.
Being the 3rd gen engine uses a high/low EGR system, you probably would need to formulate a new PID to read the data from the ECU.

541 - 546 of 546 Posts