RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you ordered your RAM 1500 Diesel, this vehicle tracker enables you to monitor the production status of your newly purchased vehicle. Your unique vehicle tracking number is the last 8 digits of the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) or VON (Vehicle Order Number.)

TRACK YOUR VEHICLE HERE

*US Buyers Only*

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you ordered your RAM 1500 Diesel, this vehicle tracker enables you to monitor the production status of your newly purchased vehicle. Your unique vehicle tracking number is the last 8 digits of the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) or VON (Vehicle Order Number.)

TRACK YOUR VEHICLE HERE
Fellow Canadians ... this site won't work for us. The only info you can get is through your dealer.

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
Just checked. Ended up texting with a rep. on the computer. He ran my name and VOM. Ended up telling me it was too new to be in their tracking system just yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When you placed your order (US only) you should have given the dealer your e-mail address. Doing so will automatically have RAM send you an order confirmation (It takes a day or two from placing your order) you will now be getting the VOTS updates sent to your e-mail.

The order in which you get updates will be; 1. Confirmation -> 2. Production -> 3. Frame -> 4. Paint -> 5. Trim -> 6. Final Inspection -> 7.Shipment -> 8. Delivery

Once you get #2 Production scheduled, call RAM customer service and ask them what the estimated ship date is. At that point they will know.

VOTS e-mails tend to not be in real time so you may not get all 8. VOTS seems to be about 2-3 business days behind. About 6 weeks ago we took delivery of a '14 Durango R/T. 4-5 days after we took delivery we received the "delivery" e-mail.

Olli

·
Registered
92 Posts
When you placed your order (US only) you should have given the dealer your e-mail address. Doing so will automatically have RAM send you an order confirmation (It takes a day or two from placing your order) you will now be getting the VOTS updates sent to your e-mail.

The order in which you get updates will be; 1. Confirmation -> 2. Production -> 3. Frame -> 4. Paint -> 5. Trim -> 6. Final Inspection -> 7.Shipment -> 8. Delivery

Once you get #2 Production scheduled, call RAM customer service and ask them what the estimated ship date is. At that point they will know.

VOTS e-mails tend to not be in real time so you may not get all 8. VOTS seems to be about 2-3 business days behind. About 6 weeks ago we took delivery of a '14 Durango R/T. 4-5 days after we took delivery we received the "delivery" e-mail.

Olli
Just got my VON . Site telling me that its incorrect?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Seems like the VOTS tracking doesn't work until the factory looks at the order. And, by that time... they send the VIN. So, in general.... the VON wont show up in the VOTS.

If you think there is a problem with your order... contact your dealer, and ask the status of your order. If everything is OK, the it should be in "BX".

·
Registered
149 Posts
mine is sitting in production scheduled..
how do i check what status is in as in D or D1 or C the vots site does not show any of it

alright i called they gave me a VIN #
told me my estimated build date was TODAY
with a D1 gateline status
the lady said 4 week possibly

·
Registered
102 Posts
The emails for my VOTs haven't worked... Ever... I think the dealer screwed up when they inputted my information . But In other news I've got the estimated arrival date of my truck, April 7th. Hopefully it stays to that time frame

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks I am not the only one. Just got to sit tight. And my vin will come shortly. Its going on 5 weeks . Feb 12..my dealer said 6 to 8 weeks. I am thinking by the end of april. He said that it went in as special order. What every that means.. who knowns ...

·
Registered
102 Posts
From what I've read from other sources they don't plan to officially ship vehicles till April 1st for a mass release or something to that effect. But I don't honestly know for sure if that is true seeing as some dealerships have a few on there lot? There is so much contradiction on the Web. Be patient some people have been waiting sense December. (those fine Canadian friends of ours) I ordered the 7th of February and just got an estimated delivery date of 4/7. I'm not holding my breath but I could get lucky.

·
Registered
366 Posts
From what I've read from other sources they don't plan to officially ship vehicles till April 1st for a mass release or something to that effect. But I don't honestly know for sure if that is true seeing as some dealerships have a few on there lot? There is so much contradiction on the Web. Be patient some people have been waiting sense December. (those fine Canadian friends of ours) I ordered the 7th of February and just got an estimated delivery date of 4/7. I'm not holding my breath but I could get lucky.

The mass-release is Canadian vehicles. Lots of trucks have train car delays. Can't ship on a truck when rail is already lined up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The mass-release is Canadian vehicles. Lots of trucks have train car delays. Can't ship on a truck when rail is already lined up.
Oh, well then disregard... Unless your in Canada lol.

Ego strikes again, haha thanks =)

·
Registered
550 Posts
VON Tracking - Canada

I am a member on another site. There is a person there (I believe they work for Chysler) - SPP that will post vehicle updates based on your VON number. Once you have that I think you just past on this thread -> 2014 status updates - where are you?.

Here is an example of the actual thread ( pg 101 - so lots of posts...lol). 2014 status updates - where are you? - Page 101 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum.

I have not tried it myself, but when I do place an order will give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Just received my vin # . They told me all part are in waiting to be build. Hope next week for them to start.
Congrats, and you can now see it in the VOTS system. BUT... I'm going to say, you are 2.5 to 3 weeks out for a build date. I got my VIN last week, and my build date is the 26th. Also... from another board, where a guy is helping us track things.... that's been the norm.

Oh... one more thing... they will issue the VIN, and you can be in "D" status. They don't issue the build date until you get to "D1". I was about 3~4 days between those two codes.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts