RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice set up. Not too flashy yet functional. I am looking into getting into a similar setup. Which shop you used? Looks like you're close where I am at, guessing from the background of your pictures.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Nice set up. Not too flashy yet functional. I am looking into getting into a similar setup. Which shop you used? Looks like you're close where I am at, guessing from the background of your pictures.
I had the tires put on by a friend up north, aside from that I took it to a place nearby where you can rent out maintenace racks that jacked the truck up by the frame, and that made it super easy to work on the truck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
So what are you feelings after logging decent seat time on this suspension. I'm at a total toss up on how to set mine up, had a thuren setup on my 2500 so I'm really considering a setup like you're running. Super overkill for a dd but there's no replacing the feel of a well tuned suspension.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I used to have Carli 2.5 Kings on my Power Wagon (before I traded it in for the ED), small whoops and descent size pot holes were a breeze. After installing the Icon 2.5s on my ED and tackling the same trails (mainly on San Felipe Wash, Ocotillo Wells, CA), the differences between the King and Icon 2.5 were not as drastic as most internet suspension gurus would claim (the whole progressive vs. digressive shocks debate). My average speed through these bumpy washes were 40-50 mpg, and both brands of shocks soaked up the uneven micro-terrains just fine. Obviously these shocks won't stand a chance against a long-travel set up (e.g. Dirt King Fabrication), but for how much they cost and how versatile they are, they are certainly worth it.

If you have the patience I would try out Thuren Fabrication's King 2.5 set up, since you can choose the stage of valving (1-6) that best suits your needs.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for the info! Truck looks good. Really wish we had the offroad opportunities out here on the east coast like y'all do. How's the mileage with those 35s, seeing as jersey follows California emission standards were both stuck with minimal mods motor wise so I'm not trying to kill my range too much since this thing pulls double duty.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I get about 18-20 mpg on these 35’s. Can’t complain, considering I tend to have a heavy foot at green lights and on-ramps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Some new additions:
-Total Chaos UCA
-Wilco bed mount tire carrier
-Mac's floor jack cradles

TC 1.jpg
TC 2.jpg
Wilco.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
What a great looking truck. Tell us about the lights, where did you get them and how was the install?
Still waiting for the light bar to arrive (ordered through Amazon.com). Should be plug and play since I still have the holes I drilled for my previous BD lights (i.e. for routing the wire harness and switch).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Registered
201 Posts
Your truck looks really good. If you don't mind, can you share your thoughts on the following? I'm picking my 2018 up in the next few days and the build that I'm planning very closely follows the track you took with your truck.

1. Curious to know why you went with Thuren sway bar links over Carli links. Also wondering if you think a track bar drop bracket is necessary, like the one Carli offers either ala carte or with their suspension packages.

2. Lots and lots of love for the Mevotech UCAs on this site. I had Camburg UCAs on my old Tundra and was planning on trying out a set of delta joint equipped arms from ICON. Aside from the huge difference in cost, what made you decide to go Mevotech instead of ICON?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Your truck looks really good. If you don't mind, can you share your thoughts on the following? I'm picking my 2018 up in the next few days and the build that I'm planning very closely follows the track you took with your truck.

1. Curious to know why you went with Thuren sway bar links over Carli links. Also wondering if you think a track bar drop bracket is necessary, like the one Carli offers either ala carte or with their suspension packages.

2. Lots and lots of love for the Mevotech UCAs on this site. I had Camburg UCAs on my old Tundra and was planning on trying out a set of delta joint equipped arms from ICON. Aside from the huge difference in cost, what made you decide to go Mevotech instead of ICON?

Thanks in advance!
1. Went with Thuren over Carli because I like Thuren's one piece design, as opposed to Carli's "adjustable" SB links. Drop bracket is not necessary as the rear track bar is almost flat. I've contacted Carli Suspension with a photo of my rear track bar and they told me not to get the drop bracket.

2. I got rid of the Mevotech awhile ago and have been using Total Chaos UCA (# 81500) for a few months now. Upgraded to TC simply due to their design and quality, and they give you an extra inch of droop. If I were to go with ICON I'd go with their Delta Joint UCA.

If you're interested in those ICON shocks (Stage 3 package: F/R shocks plus rear coil springs) I'll be selling them in roughly a month; replacing them with some Thuren Stage 5 King 2.5 coilovers/shocks.

*Side note, if you're installing a light bar on your bumper or roof I'd highly recommend disconnecting it and stowing it in your truck or home whenever you don't need it. Mine was stolen (in my neighborhood) one week after I posted these photos.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Curious on your spare mount. What does the 315 hit in the factory spare location? Bumper, diff or both?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 51 Posts