RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

661 - 680 of 709 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Here’s my latest run using the DELO 5W40. I think I will stay with the DELO as my results were even better this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Just got my latest report. 129,990 miles on the truck, 13,659 on the oil. But you can see that information on the report. What you might not notice is that since I'm not driving too much these days, I went a year-and-a-half on this oil. I didn't even realize it.

Okay, I tried to do it like you geniuses and it didn't work. I tried to post it from Blackstone's site, but was unsuccessful. So I then saved it to my computer and hit the "attachment" thingie. That worked. Sort of. I'm'a try again.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just got my latest report. 129,990 miles on the truck, 13,659 on the oil. But you can see that information on the report. What you might not notice is that since I'm not driving too much these days, I went a year-and-a-half on this oil. I didn't even realize it.

Okay, I tried to do it like you geniuses and it didn't work. I tried to post it from Blackstone's site, but was unsuccessful. So I then saved it to my computer and hit the "attachment" thingie. That worked. Sort of. I'm'a try again.
Nice report Ziggy, just keep doing what you're doing. I wish my 2 reports were as good as yours!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
13.6k and 1.5 years...says a lot for the tune, filter, and modern oil. Very nice

Reactions: DrivingZiggy

·
Registered
389 Posts
Just changed my oil at the 86,000 mile mark and found I still have the oil for my prior oil change in the Blackstone sample bottle from 10,000 miles ago. Do you think that sample is no good anymore for testing because it sat so long on my shelf?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Just changed my oil at the 86,000 mile mark and found I still have the oil for my prior oil change in the Blackstone sample bottle from 10,000 miles ago. Do you think that sample is no good anymore for testing because it sat so long on my shelf?
Thanks
I had something similar happen and I asked the lab I use, eoilanalyzers-the Amsoil owned lab, and they said sample is fine for a year or two as long as it is tightly covered

·
Registered
389 Posts
I had something similar happen and I asked the lab I use, eoilanalyzers-the Amsoil owned lab, and they said sample is fine for a year or two as long as it is tightly covered
Thanks, I'll send it in and see what happens.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Im on my second change of Delo 5w40 as well. I was in a rush and forgot to take a sample last time I changed. Gotta wait another 9000 miles now to sample it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Al is most likely high from the new AFE oilpan.
Moly is most likely high from the ceratec oil addtive.

The first lab sample was from dealership with unknown oil - probably bulk 15w40 dino.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
My 90K oil change results are in.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Here are results from the first sample I've had analyzed. The truck has run 93,000 miles being GDE tuned since 40k, and now for the last 15k miles I add 1 oz of HotShots EDT per tank of fuel. This sample was about 650 miles since last regen (72% soot loaded if I recall). Rotella T6 oil (since a few months before FCA made the official switch from the Euro oil) and various filters, as long as pleats look good and o-ring is in right spot. Oil changes always between 9,000 and 10,000 miles. Fuel filter every other, or every third oil change.

Think it will last another 100k miles without engine problems? I am 7,000 miles from betting it does...
Oil Analysis 3-20-2020.jpg

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Here are results from the first sample I've had analyzed. The truck has run 93,000 miles being GDE tuned since 40k, and now for the last 15k miles I add 1 oz of HotShots EDT per tank of fuel. This sample was about 650 miles since last regen (72% soot loaded if I recall). Rotella T6 oil (since a few months before FCA made the official switch from the Euro oil) and various filters, as long as pleats look good and o-ring is in right spot. Oil changes always between 9,000 and 10,000 miles. Fuel filter every other, or every third oil change.

Think it will last another 100k miles without engine problems? I am 7,000 miles from betting it does... View attachment 85736
Yes, I think it will last well beyond 100k. I added a GDE tune around 50,000 miles (6th month of ownership) and now have 206,465 miles and 5,087 hours. Based on my experience your idler pulley will fail before the engine.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
RossCountyRam, FYI Blackstone gives you a check-box to omit personal information before downloading your analysis report. Will save you time in the future.

Good looking report. 98k on my tuned '16 with similar results.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Well my Amsoil is getting tired at 15k probably going to change it around 17k and go to an older designed oil since im running mexico emissions, wear metals still look great though.

661 - 680 of 709 Posts