RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,623 Posts
The oil life monitor goes by mileage. If conditions like heavy towing or rough usage warrant, that 10K and monitor may not be what you want.

In general, the 10K is fine based on the many that have tested their oils after such an interval.

·
Registered
453 Posts
10k is a good interval, these engines take good quality oil and should last much longer than 10k.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
The OCI is 10k miles if you use up to B5 biodiesel blend ULSD. If you use B6-20, the OCI is 8k miles or six months. B6-20 also requires fuel filter change every 20k miles.

The OLM does not know if you are using B6-20, so you must keep track of miles on your own.

You can get updated OMs here-http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/owners/manuals/

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Thanks for the reply's. 10K is what I thought. I had my oil changed at the dealer and was told I should have had it done at 7K. When I asked why the oil life monitor was based on 10 K they couldn't give me an answer.
They want you in more often for more money. Also, did they put in the CORRECT OIL! Many issues with dealers putting in the wrong oil.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Thanks for the reply's. 10K is what I thought. I had my oil changed at the dealer and was told I should have had it done at 7K. When I asked why the oil life monitor was based on 10 K they couldn't give me an answer.
More important than the monitor are the lab tests people have been posting. Have not seen one bad lab test result at 10K.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
My wife just got back the results of her 30,000 mile oil change. Blackstone recommended that she push it to 13,000. But I said nawwwwwwwwwwwwwww, let's not give FCA any grounds to deny a warranty claim if it comes up.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I had my dealer do my first initial oil change at 8000 miles, but the next ones will likely be at 10K interval. EGR is no longer contaminating my oil LOL thanks to GDE :))

·
Administrator
4,550 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Okay, so I printed it out then scanned it in as a .jpg then uploaded it to PhotoBucket. Here ya go:

I also posted it in the other thread.

·
Registered
956 Posts
The owner's manual is a .pdf file so maybe you need to update or install Adobe Acrobat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My wife just got back the results of her 30,000 mile oil change. Blackstone recommended that she push it to 13,000. But I said nawwwwwwwwwwwwwww, let's not give FCA any grounds to deny a warranty claim if it comes up.
I am in the middle of fighting Chrysler for this very reason. I had a single oil change that was at an interval of 10,170 miles and they are denying my warranty claim for a new engine. My 2017 blew the main bearing at 47K. I definitely recommend sticking to under 10K...

Orion

1 - 16 of 16 Posts