RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Speed is not the goal with this truck, matter of fact many people consider a quick change detrimental. I’m not sure it has dire consequences, but you might as well let it drain completely.
I just went by the TSB directions "Drain 5 minutes or until stops dripping" and at operating temp, it drained fairly quickly. Just like my beers. When I turn one up to drink and it stops dripping......It's done.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I've been saying how much driving habits affect the oil life meter. I changed my oil today at 2300 miles but 6 months. Good mix of not up to temp and up to temp. I'm attaching pics from today's oil change with mileage and a pic from when I was making four 3 mile trips a day for work and the mileage. Truck pretty much never got to temp over the course of those 4 months or so

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
I just went by the TSB directions "Drain 5 minutes or until stops dripping" and at operating temp, it drained fairly quickly. Just like my beers. When I turn one up to drink and it stops dripping......It's done.
Oh Yeah , no waiting needed on the drain ,
the wait time is after filling with new oil , 15 minutes ,
like your beer , after swalloing the Keg , what 15 minutes before hard work . ,,,, procedure important....jpg
,,,, procedure important....jpg

41 - 43 of 43 Posts