RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed wix/fram asking if they are planning on manufacturing filters for our trucks. Wix informed me they had air filters and they had no plans for fuel or oil but, to check there site perodically. Fram responed with info on there air filter and that a oil filter is coming soon and no word on fuel. If you would like me to contact other manufactors let me know, so we can keep an eye out.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Bosch, STP, Purolator, K&N, NAPA.. those are all normally carried at any O'Reilly's, Autozone, NAPA or Advanced. Hoping one of them comes out before I come due.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Napa gold and wix are the Same I believe I will email the rest including mobile 1.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
This is not the correct filter for the Ram. The Mopar number for Ram eco diesel is 68229402AA. These are not interchangeable with 68109834AA.
How many different Ecodiesel 3.0 engines are there?

Checking further, here is what Baldwin has to say about it.

baldwin p7517 cross ref.jpg

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
The engines are the same. I believe the difference would be in the aluminum oil filter housing. Just a guess but I'm sure the engine compartment in the Jeep is a lot tighter than the Ram.
That is very possible, but not a brilliant decision on Chrysler's part if true. I will try to check with Baldwin to see what they say about it. The engine compartment in the Jeep is large enough to house a Hemi...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is a diffrence as read on the forum you can not use the jeep in the ram but, can use the ram in the jeep.
Left is jeeps
Right is rams. 200d1396538084t-oil-filter-ecodiesel_oil_filters.jpg

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^^ beat me 2 it lol

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
There is a diffrence as read on the forum you can not use the jeep in the ram but, can use the ram in the jeep.
Left is jeeps
Right is rams. View attachment 3132
I am absolutely wrong on that one. But, I am not as wrong as the brilliant mind that figured that one out. Why in the hell change the position of the O ring if all other dimensions are the same?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am absolutely wrong on that one. But, I am not as wrong as the brilliant mind that figured that one out. Why in the hell change the position of the O ring if all other dimensions are the same?
no one has come up with an answer ,but i suspect that the jeep engine has a greater resemblance to the masserati engine than the ram version...if someone could come up with a masserati filter,maybe we can compare that to the jeep's.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
3132d1412896769-oil-filter-fuel-filter-200d1396538084t-oil-filter-ecodiesel_oil_filters.jpg

From the above picture, it looks like the only difference between the filters is the position of the O-ring. I have emailed the eBay seller to see if his filter has two groves for the O-ring, so that it can be placed in the right grove, depending upon the application.

In any case, I wouldn't purchase these as they are a no name manufacturer. I'm sure that the Chrysler would use this to not honor the warranty. All name brand filters state "meets or exceeds OEM specifications".

·
Registered
701 Posts
There are some really crappy aftermarket filters that SAY they meet OEM specs. Having worked at a global non automotive engine OEM - in the filter group - I can say that many don't realize the risk they are taking. I don't work for them now, so I have no dog in the fight. Look past possible warranty denials... why put unknown or risky filters in a state of the art engine, just to save a couple bucks. Skip a latte or two at coffee shop and offset buying the right filter.

Now another annoyance as an OEM; dealers who take advantage of customers and uplift the OEM manufacturer suggested list price. Do research and make sure your dealer is selling at or below OEM recommend customer price.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was at 7,500 on the odometer this weekend, so I decided to dump the factory fill and rid the sump of the break-in metals. I called the dealer to price everything....$60 filter and $116.49 for 11 quarts. I decide to talk to the Service Dept and see if they had a better deal. Nope....$220.... But I did get a nice little gift I wasn't expecting. First oil change free! Giddy up.

I'll run this fill 7,500 as well to get me to 15,000.....then every 10k after that. I sure hope a reasonably priced filter hits the shelves by then.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My Weekend Oil Change Experience

First oil change free at the dealer - so I printed out the pictures and all the correct parts info and took it to the dealer. The service writer started to argue with me about how they used only the correct parts and that they had serviced hundreds of the EcoDiesels and they knew what they were doing. Right then I knew I was in trouble. I am the first EcoDiesel they have sold and they STILL do not have any on the lot. So - they tried to put the Jeep filter on the truck and it leaked - so the mechanic called me back and I gave them the printout AGAIN and they went and got the correct part from another dealer. Needless to say they were very sheepish about their mistake- 40 minute oil change took 3 hours. Needless to say I will do my own from here on out :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts