RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all, with the dealer now. Will update. Looks like the same issue that Wxman had on his youtube channel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yep unfortunately it's pretty common on the Ram and Jeep trucks both. Fortunately it's just a timing cover replacement. Unfortunately parts are supposedly much harder to get now than they were a year ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, dealer called. Major leak on the intercooler tube? Dealer rep was not as knowledgeable as I hoped. They are opening a STAR case as they have not seen this issue before. They stated it was not at the timing cover. This is a shame as I had many RV trips planned.

Does anyone know the bat signal to get a RAM cares case started?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well, dealer called. Major leak on the intercooler tube? Dealer rep was not as knowledgeable as I hoped. They are opening a STAR case as they have not seen this issue before. They stated it was not at the timing cover. This is a shame as I had many RV trips planned.

Does anyone know the bat signal to get a RAM cares case started?
Ahh, ok. I have actually heard of intercooler hose leaks on these. There were several members who saw that last summer.

On the other forum, you can simply tag RamCares in the post and they'll get the message. Not sure how that works on this forum. Software is totally different. Does RamCares even browse this site?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will update once all is done. Ram Cares reached out and opened a case. I am stranded as the dealership says they don't have any loaners right now...... Ram offered to pay $40 a day for a rental. I would still need to come out of pocket. Funny thing is my wife's 07 Sienna minivan is rolling along a 140K miles without any issues.... knock on wood. She gives me a little ribbing when we go out in her ride and says, "see why I don't want a new car...."

Anyhow, last update is that Ram wants the service center to check the turbo out to see if it pulling oil and go from there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealership said they are replacing the turbocharger and intercooler. Hope the parts aren't on backorder

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts