RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017, 55k miles, purchased new in 2018. Still under warranty. Noticed in June when I changed my oil it seemed there might be a leak, but I attributed it to me maybe spilling while filling. Crawled under for oil change yesterday and the underside was coated in oil. None dripping onto pavement yet though. Anyone got any ideas what my issue is? I’ll be taking it to a dealer in any event, but wondered if anyone here might be able to clue me in on what to expect before I go.
Automotive lighting Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess it’s time to return tcm and ecm to stock… If I ignored the issue do these leaks tend to get a lot worse in a hurry? Hate to give up the truck to the dealer during deer season…

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts
Mine started as a seep and then one day there were 4-5 inch puddles and progressively got worse. I suppose you could keep an eye on the dipstick and keep a gallon of oil with you just in case.

·
Registered
146 Posts
2017, 55k miles, purchased new in 2018. Still under warranty. Noticed in June when I changed my oil it seemed there might be a leak, but I attributed it to me maybe spilling while filling. Crawled under for oil change yesterday and the underside was coated in oil. None dripping onto pavement yet though. Anyone got any ideas what my issue is? I’ll be taking it to a dealer in any event, but wondered if anyone here might be able to clue me in on what to expect before I go. View attachment 90453 View attachment 90454
Hi JBRO.com,
If you'd like additional assistance alongside your dealer, feel free to send us a PM. We'd be happy to help.

Sarah
Ram Cares

Reactions: MAS

·
Registered
2020 Ram Limited Ecodiesel, 2015 Ram Laramie Longhorn Ecodiesel 93,000miles
63 Posts
Requesting mechanic put dye in the oil to help establish/verify where leak is coming from helps your cause while it's under warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts