RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a load in trailer today went up a hill and my alarm went off on my Edge cts monitor oil temp hit 233 edge has it factory set at 220 just wanted to know if these 3.0 run hot on oil temp or do I have a problem once I drove for a bit on level road it went down to 210 and alarm went off at 220 never got more then 218 rest of trip.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
not a problem. They run the oil hot to drive the water and any excess diesel off as well as for economy. Numbers for oil temp here go above 250 deg F for some members towing big loads in hot temps and no problems.

Don't worry, be happy! Presumably your factory supplied gauges did not give any alarms and they know the vehicle limits better than some aftermarket gizmo.

All the best,

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Agree with Howie12. The way these trucks regenerate the DPF CAN cause some minor fuel dilution in the oil. It's my opinion that the ram engineers purposely set these motors to run a higher oil temp in order to facilitate the evaporation of this fuel. Those temps are well in the safe range for our fully synthetic oil. Again. Just one owners opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts