RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Saskatoon, SK.
Thought I would start a thread as I have ordered a 1500 Eco Diesel as of 10:00 am this morning.
We'll see how long it takes to arrive from the factory.
Silver Crew Cab Outdoorsman, 28T package, 3L Diesel(obviously), box liner, rear defrost.
Basic truck(like we used to drive), going to be used to pull my family and boat around God's county.
Hoping it will last a bit longer than my '04 Chev.
Rough roads and rougher winters up here.
Will keep you posted.
Rob "Crash" Wilson

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think its because its a crew cab with a 6'4" box.
Weird. Couldn't get the upgraded sound system without getting premium seats.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Crash, one of the things I am tossing up is which rear end to get, when you take delivery and as you break in the motor, can you please post your fuel economy at some point?
Congrats up in the North Country ! 2 tone looks sharp, and if I order one, I will also get 2 tone, it stands out.

Keep your stick on the ice !.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I just got off the phone with Capital Dodge's sales manager. I still don't have a VIN-number for my truck, but I was told that 7 Ecodiesel Rams are ordered and financed at Capital Dodge for customer orders, and that those are officially in the build system as "Good Orders". My truck is actually the #1 on the list, and in a perfect world that means mine will be built and delivered first. As the largest dealer with the most inventory in a 5-hr radius, the manager assured me that they will be getting their inventory before other dealers and my truck was the first one on the list. He did say they're getting ONE pre-spec truck(with random package) before mine, but that this is completely outside of the ordering system and wont be for sale.

So, if all goes according to plan and everything works the way it's theoretically supposed to, I'll be the first customer owner of the Ecodiesel in the entire Ottawa + Ottawa Valley region. Maybe only by a few hours, but I'll literally leave work sick the moment they call me for delivery lol, or if I find out the night before, I'll be sitting at the dealership waiting for it to open lol.

For the record, he said that "the powers that be" are planning an official launch of the active Ecodiesel inventory in March, which means customer orders AND dealership stock should have already started trickling in by that time. Didn't give me an actual date in March, but once I get home from vacation(tonight) I'll be talking to either a manager or my salesman every 2-3 days for more info on that "launch". I should get some info soon.

Weird. Couldn't get the upgraded sound system without getting premium seats.
The upgraded sound system needs somewhere to mount the sub/amp which needs the upgraded back seat. If I'm not mistaken, that would be why they force you to take the upgraded interior. If you look at the Canadian build+price, in order to get the Alpine Stereo, you have to not only take the upgraded seats, but the Luxury Group as well! That's a list of items that are all expensive to replace after warranty.
Personally, I'm keen on installing my own sub and amp down the road. I'm good with fiberglass enclosures (from my "Rice" days) so I'm waiting until I can find used interior panels for all 4 doors and I'll glass a tweeter+6x9 into each actual door panel and keep the originals mint to swap. That alone will be better sound than the Alpine setup. Sub and amps I dunno where I'll put them, but none of this is happening for a few years so I have time to ponder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts