RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the new RAM is riding the rails as we speak. In Illinois today, and due into Spokane on the 17th after a couple change overs. Kinda hoping yard workers put stickers on the truck to show where she's been...actually, no I'm not... ;)

Time to start looking at flights to Spokane and getting that sorted.

Truck should land on the 17th, according to the system. Then allow 3 days to get from rail car to dealership. After that, I'm allowing a business week so they can inspect, spray line and tint the truck, with a few days in flux in case there are any paint issues they want to put through the shop. So.....

That means, if all falls to plan, we should be picking up the truck on June 28th...2 days after my birthday. ;) Not a bad way to celebrate 42!

Then its a 6 hour drive home via the back roads across Washington to "break in" the truck, which apparently needs no break in, and yet, wherein the owners manual states things you should and shouldn't do within the first 500 miles, sounding suspiciously like a...."BREAK IN!"

Having recently done a few hours in a friends 2500 CTD on a weekend jaunt to batter and bruise ourselves riding motorcycles in the dirt, I can attest to the light tint being nice and the ventilated seats being OMG fabulous. :)

I have two outstanding problems, one of which begs input from the crowd...

1 - need to build a playlist on the iPod for the drive home
2 - first song I should listen to, to test the new sound system - input welcome. :D

·
Registered
505 Posts
That's one darn nice birthday present. Congrats. Enjoy the trip home and keep us posted on your first impressions of your ED.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Tool stinkfist!
Or audioslave cochise!! If your not first your last!!!

·
Registered
13,966 Posts
Anything from Easy Rider. Get Your Motor Running.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hmmm...I would go with Thunderstruck by AC/DC. I love the intro and usually crank it up when it plays. Then I would probably move on to Running down a Dream (Tom Petty) and finish with Magic Carpet Ride - Steppenwolf.

I pick up my Truck on Wednesday - guess I have the beginning of my playlist. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well, the new RAM is riding the rails as we speak. In Illinois today, and due into Spokane on the 17th after a couple change overs. Kinda hoping yard workers put stickers on the truck to show where she's been...actually, no I'm not... ;)

Time to start looking at flights to Spokane and getting that sorted.

Truck should land on the 17th, according to the system. Then allow 3 days to get from rail car to dealership. After that, I'm allowing a business week so they can inspect, spray line and tint the truck, with a few days in flux in case there are any paint issues they want to put through the shop. So.....

That means, if all falls to plan, we should be picking up the truck on June 28th...2 days after my birthday. ;) Not a bad way to celebrate 42!

Then its a 6 hour drive home via the back roads across Washington to "break in" the truck, which apparently needs no break in, and yet, wherein the owners manual states things you should and shouldn't do within the first 500 miles, sounding suspiciously like a...."BREAK IN!"

Having recently done a few hours in a friends 2500 CTD on a weekend jaunt to batter and bruise ourselves riding motorcycles in the dirt, I can attest to the light tint being nice and the ventilated seats being OMG fabulous. :)

I have two outstanding problems, one of which begs input from the crowd...

1 - need to build a playlist on the iPod for the drive home
2 - first song I should listen to, to test the new sound system - input welcome. :D
I maybe wrong, but I don't think the Uconnect system supports the iPod, I think the music has to be converted to a Microsoft system or something else, I'm hoping I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I maybe wrong, but I don't think the Uconnect system supports the iPod, I think the music has to be converted to a Microsoft system or something else, I'm hoping I'm wrong though.
It works fine with iPads, iPods and iPhones so long as the iOS is not too old.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now in Iowa. Here's what I recall about Iowa from our cross country drive 5 years ago this month...

Its big. Its the only state we spent two nights in. Now we weren't setting records, and with the company's minimum mileage limit set at 300/day to cover expenses, we didn't have a reason to push it, so we ended up one night at either end of the state.

Corn. O. M. G. ...the corn! They had a corn museum and a corn "castle", an entire building in one town "bricked" in different corns, forming a giant mural on the building. Tempted to say it was corny, and while on one hand it was, on the other its quite the effort and worthy of respect. Thus we left town quickly... before any sense of respect could form... ;)

And now my truck is on a rail car, rockin' and rollin' through that vast, dusty, corny state. Hope she doesn't develop a taste for ethanol while she's there... ;)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Now in Iowa. Here's what I recall about Iowa from our cross country drive 5 years ago this month...

Its big. Its the only state we spent two nights in. Now we weren't setting records, and with the company's minimum mileage limit set at 300/day to cover expenses, we didn't have a reason to push it, so we ended up one night at either end of the state.

Corn. O. M. G. ...the corn! They had a corn museum and a corn "castle", an entire building in one town "bricked" in different corns, forming a giant mural on the building. Tempted to say it was corny, and while on one hand it was, on the other its quite the effort and worthy of respect. Thus we left town quickly... before any sense of respect could form... ;)

And now my truck is on a rail car, rockin' and rollin' through that vast, dusty, corny state. Hope she doesn't develop a taste for ethanol while she's there... ;)
So a castle - and mural. What - no maize? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I said I'm 42, not 62... :D
I see you are Going to Dave Smith in Idaho, I too priced my truck from them and have bought from them before. On this ecodiesel they were $4,200 more than Smolich Here in Bend quoted me when you consider trade and negotiated final price. Just curious about your msrp vs what dave smiths final price was? The salesman I was dealing with was pushing the hemi and didnt want to order the ecodiesel.. IMO
So, the final msrp for the truck i ordered was $50215 with agreed price of $40,600 and my trade in of $28,000.
Dave Smith was a trade in of $26,000 and final price they gave me was $42,800. I just wanted to know if Dave treated you better than they did me.. My salesman seemed annoyed that I was price shopping as he told me they would beat anybody until I sent him the numbers Smolich gave me.. Never heard back from him so I ordered it from Smolich. Hope you enjoy your new truck.. I am completely dreading the wait and i only ordered my truck on the 22nd of May.. When did you order yours???

·
Registered
200 Posts
I did some price shopping also and the dealers aren't too keen on you bringing someone else's quote for them to beat in my opinion. I have been waiting since mid April and it has been a depressing wait. I keep hoping I get a call from the dealership, tires are bald on my old Ram, needs some suspension work in the front end and heater core has broken since my new truck order. i just bypassed the heater core and keep driving it. I am ready to stick a for sale sign on my old Ram and send her home with a new owner. engine and tranny are work no issues at 146k miles.

·
Registered
95 Posts
1 last song, Frankenstein by the Edgar Winter Group. Cranked up loud down the highway at night and you'll feel like you are flying above the highway,

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I see you are Going to Dave Smith in Idaho, I too priced my truck from them and have bought from them before. On this ecodiesel they were $4,200 more than Smolich Here in Bend quoted me when you consider trade and negotiated final price. Just curious about your msrp vs what dave smiths final price was? The salesman I was dealing with was pushing the hemi and didnt want to order the ecodiesel.. IMO
So, the final msrp for the truck i ordered was $50215 with agreed price of $40,600 and my trade in of $28,000.
Dave Smith was a trade in of $26,000 and final price they gave me was $42,800. I just wanted to know if Dave treated you better than they did me.. My salesman seemed annoyed that I was price shopping as he told me they would beat anybody until I sent him the numbers Smolich gave me.. Never heard back from him so I ordered it from Smolich. Hope you enjoy your new truck.. I am completely dreading the wait and i only ordered my truck on the 22nd of May.. When did you order yours???
My order went in on April 18th.

Feel good. My total price on my Laramie Crew Cab with options (air suspension, etc.) (no ramboxes and standard 3.55 rear diff) is $47k. No trade, just dropping a big cheque for the truck. ;)

Not following your math. You say the price is $50k on the truck, but they're selling it for $40k? If your trade is $28k, and your price is $40k...your effective price is $12k...ummm...yeah, none of this math makes sense to me...*shrugs*

But in the end, its irrelevant. As long as you're happy with your truck, that's what matters most, IMO.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Literally just got an update! On the final train which left 3-ish hours ago!

Train Departure
06/10/2014 09:05 PM EDT
On Railcar - North Platte West, NE

In 7 days, it reaches Spokane, then within 72 hours, it's at he dealer...and I have to wait a week for time to go fetch it...LOL

·
Registered
51 Posts
ahh yah the math I guess was obscure.. so I owe 28,200 on my truck that i am trading in and they are paying me 28,000 for it, So basically a wash with what their giving me vs what I owe. I think I will make another payment before I trade it in so it will be about 27,800 on my truck balance to pay off. The left over 200 will be put towards the price I agreed to of 40,600 minus the 200 which leaves a balance on the new truck of 40,400: which is what I will finance. I wish i could afford to write a check but recently divorce so (you know the rest of that story but she didn't touch my pers retirement. WHEW)..

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ahh yah the math I guess was obscure.. so I owe 28,200 on my truck that i am trading in and they are paying me 28,000 for it, So basically a wash with what their giving me vs what I owe. I think I will make another payment before I trade it in so it will be about 27,800 on my truck balance to pay off. The left over 200 will be put towards the price I agreed to of 40,600 minus the 200 which leaves a balance on the new truck of 40,400: which is what I will finance. I wish i could afford to write a check but recently divorce so (you know the rest of that story but she didn't touch my pers retirement. WHEW)..
I'll offer my congrats. You can apply it to either the truck or divorce. ;)

Either way, sounds like you got a great deal. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts