RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
I hope that's before the oil cooler install.

Do you know if the PPEI tune over-speeds the turbo to make those power numbers? I've read that's easily done, and will shorten the life of the turbo.
On my duramax I was talking about it made about 12 psi of boost on the stock tune. On the 250 hp extra tune it made 32 psi. I only blew it up doing a 6 gear burnout because it did over spool. I'd be surprised if the added fuel for 60 hp would over spool it but i could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
616 Posts
I rarely only tow about 2,000 lbs or less and typically my oil temps are running 175F-190F. I am, however a big fan of water/methanol injection. I have run it on marine diesels for a nice gain and to clean up black smoke from running bigger injectors. I ran it on a V6 gas supercharged Tacoma running 12psi of boost for 140,000 miles! The DEF tank certainly would be nice to hold water/meth. especially if the gauge works.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Quite simply this is a little 3.0 liter diesel. Trying to get an extra 50-150 HP out of this engine is flirting with disaster IHMO.

I have the GDE tune, and in contrast to what was mentioned earlier, I don't have a GDE tune because of the extra power. I love it because it took care of all the codes and for the throttle response. I also know what my intake looked like after 90,000 miles and don't want my new intake to look like that.
Double the power in a 1.9l VW TDI from 90hp to 180hp as have thousands of owners.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts