RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from the sales manager at Firkins in Bradenton, Fl. He was ordering and the computer was up to take the orders.

He went over my order with me on the phone and then placed it. Later this morning he will call with my VON number. Think I will also ride that way later to get an "official" copy of the order. Did note that his prices for options were a little different than what the consumer website says. Two I remember were lower than my copy. It may be he was quoting me his costs but I do not know. Check on it.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Great news!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I sent you a pm, the dealerships near me are clueless can you pm me the sales manager info maybe he can put in an order for me as well.
Got a call from the sales manager at Firkins in Bradenton, Fl. He was ordering and the computer was up to take the orders.

He went over my order with me on the phone and then placed it. Later this morning he will call with my VON number. Think I will also ride that way later to get an "official" copy of the order. Did note that his prices for options were a little different than what the consumer website says. Two I remember were lower than my copy. It may be he was quoting me his costs but I do not know. Check on it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
So good to hear, congratulations. even though im 99% sure i'm buying one i would like to wait until someone gets one.

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Narwanin,

Sent you the information you requested. On another post I posted a copy of my actual order sheet done this morning. Wife and I went for a motorcycle ride to run some errands and we stopped to see the sales manager on the way back home.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Capt - awesome..... all that talk about getting another Cummins !! Now you got your eye on the 1500 !! Congrats Pal ... .and keep us updated as to how Ram communicates with you, and treats you. This is good news. I'll hoist one for you ! Marsman

·
Registered
196 Posts
Congrats Capt! I am waiting to hear from my salesman. If nothing by Monday I will recontact. I am in NE Georgia/NC and maybe we are not up and running yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in Austin and talking to a dealer about ordering one, but it appears I cannot see a heated/ventilated seat option that also has a heated steering wheel.
Lol.. in my 40's now, it's all about comfort.

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sure can understand comfort. I'm just now turning 70 and I like the comfort of tight corners on a motorcycle at speed, hard pulls from giant grouper and kingfish, getting slammed in the face by dirt going into corner four at a flat track race, shooting 1,000 yards like this morning and lugging a heavy buck up a steep hill so I can load it on my quad.

Nah...Will get all the comfort I need from some seat in a nursing home soon enough. For now I will continue to enjoy the sound of a good motor over the sound of the radio and the exhilaration of some wind in my face.

You mean It gets cold in Austin? Coldest I was treated near there was a parking ticket on my motorcycle while stopped to visit the Alamo. Ripped it up and never went back.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm in Austin and talking to a dealer about ordering one, but it appears I cannot see a heated/ventilated seat option that also has a heated steering wheel.
Lol.. in my 40's now, it's all about comfort.
I get the seats but what is so important about the steering wheel? Drying your nails faster?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I get the seats but what is so important about the steering wheel? Drying your nails faster?
Watch it, youngster! My wife wants a heated wheel because she can drive better when her hands are not numb. :p

I used to work with a fellow from Texas who put on a down parka when the temperature dropped below 60. It's all relative, I guess.

The heated steering wheel is standard on the Laramie and part of the Comfort Group on the Outdoorsman.

·
Registered
279 Posts
gotta have a way to warm up your hands from holding the cold beer -

Looks like all this stuff is packaged together now a days...... not too long ago the heating controls were 1 dial, with 5 settings.... and 1 dial for the fan speed..... Like Bigfoot said, all relative.... and ya when we lived in Arizona, the dock workers in South Phoeniz where I worked, would wear down jackets in temps under 50 degrees.... never quite did fit in out there !

·
Registered
366 Posts
Watch it, youngster! My wife wants a heated wheel because she can drive better when her hands are not numb. :p

I used to work with a fellow from Texas who put on a down parka when the temperature dropped below 60. It's all relative, I guess.

The heated steering wheel is standard on the Laramie and part of the Comfort Group on the Outdoorsman.
It gets as cold here as it does anywhere(-40 with windchill sometimes) and I still can't see hands being so cold they need a heated steering wheel. If your cab is still ice cold after the appropriate warm-up time and your hands are getting "numb" then either the window's down or there's a problem with the heat. Seats and mirrors I understand but steering wheel? When a feature like that is a dealbreaker its foolish.

·
Registered
213 Posts
It gets as cold here as it does anywhere(-40 with windchill sometimes) and I still can't see hands being so cold they need a heated steering wheel. If your cab is still ice cold after the appropriate warm-up time and your hands are getting "numb" then either the window's down or there's a problem with the heat. Seats and mirrors I understand but steering wheel? When a feature like that is a dealbreaker its foolish.
We sometimes get minus 40 without even factoring in the wind chill factor. On my current Denali pickup it has both the heated seats and steering wheel and I almost think the heated steering wheel is a nicer feature than the seats. At least as welcome on a cold day. Once you have it you will love it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
We sometimes get minus 40 without even factoring in the wind chill factor. On my current Denali pickup it has both the heated seats and steering wheel and I almost think the heated steering wheel is a nicer feature than the seats. At least as welcome on a cold day. Once you have it you will love it.
Nope had it in my demo vehicles when I was in sales and rental cars but I never use it. I stand by my "society is getting soft" stance over all the heated gizmos(which require peripheral upgrades like seat materials) but I do love my AutoStart. To each his own, but if your hands are that dainty you may want to warm up the vehicle before you jump in because a diesel has to warm up anyway

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Nope had it in my demo vehicles when I was in sales and rental cars but I never use it. I stand by my "society is getting soft" stance over all the heated gizmos(which require peripheral upgrades like seat materials) but I do love my AutoStart. To each his own, but if your hands are that dainty you may want to warm up the vehicle before you jump in because a diesel has to warm up anyway
You've never had a girlfriend with cold hands and feet? It's very common especially with women and has nothing to do with being soft. I find it pays to keep my partner comfortable and happy. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts