RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, first post. I ordered my 2014 1500 EcoDiesel Saturday, but the truck itself came up as restriction on the order site. 1500 Laramie CC 4x4. Anyone have any insight as to why the truck itself would be restricted? I can't image they would have any issues building these or have supply problems. My dealer put the order in anyways and said we'll have to wait and see what happens.

For kicks, here's my build list.

1500 Laramie CC 4x4 5'7" box
Maximum Steel Metallic Clear Coat Exterior Paint
Black Interior Color
Monotone Paint
3.0-Liter V6 EcoDiesel Engine
Spray-In Bedliner
Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
ParkSense® Front / Rear Park Assist System
Rear Window Defroster
Power Sunroof
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
Protection Group
Convenience Group
Remote Start System

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum whizzer, and congrats on taking the plunge!

Restrictions come in many shapes and sizes...

Your truck, the actual configuration, may be restricted now - as in they have more orders than they can produce before they shut the plant down in a few months to retool for the 2015 models.

Or you truck could be restricted, as in you can order it, but certain options (looking at you, air suspension) may not be available now in that configuration.

I tried to over a quad cab, 6'4" box with the air suspension and was told no bueno last month. Air suspension only comes with the crew cab model, though any box can be optioned. OK, then, we'll go bigger cab and smaller box then...

Such are the vagaries of custom ordering a truck these days.

·
Registered
556 Posts
There was a restriction beginning of the month - but it was for a Quad cab (same build) not the Crew.

SPP (ramforumz) usually posts the restrictions - have not see what you mentioned. Wonder if it is the dealer that is restricted - i.e. out of allotments - not sure how that shows up when they want to order.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was a restriction beginning of the month - but it was for a Quad cab (same build) not the Crew.

SPP (ramforumz) usually posts the restrictions - have not see what you mentioned. Wonder if it is the dealer that is restricted - i.e. out of allotments - not sure how that shows up when they want to order.
Thanks. I'll reach out to SPP. Sure hope it's a temporary restriction. I read somewhere that things may open up on the 1st of the month.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been trying to order the same truck but with a bench seat and have been unable to do so because of the restriction. When the dealer tries to order it, the bench seat option is "grayed" out...

I am still waiting for an answer?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi All, first post. I ordered my 2014 1500 EcoDiesel Saturday, but the truck itself came up as restriction on the order site. 1500 Laramie CC 4x4. Anyone have any insight as to why the truck itself would be restricted? I can't image they would have any issues building these or have supply problems. My dealer put the order in anyways and said we'll have to wait and see what happens.

For kicks, here's my build list.

1500 Laramie CC 4x4 5'7" box
Maximum Steel Metallic Clear Coat Exterior Paint
Black Interior Color
Monotone Paint
3.0-Liter V6 EcoDiesel Engine
Spray-In Bedliner
Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
ParkSense® Front / Rear Park Assist System
Rear Window Defroster
Power Sunroof
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
Protection Group
Convenience Group
Remote Start System

I bet its the "spray-in bedliner". That somehow put mine in "weight exceeded" status or some weight problem like that. Once I removed that, everything else was fine. The dealer will just spray the bed when it arrives.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I ordered mine I was told I couldn't get the bench seat and had to have the buckets, and I couldn't get the tonnuea cover with the Rambox so it was a wash on the cost since the buckets cost 500 and the cover was 500. Mine is built just waiting for it to be shipped

1 - 7 of 7 Posts