RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking on the site for a couple/three months just waiting for the truck. Put the order in on 4/29/14, truck showed up to the dealer on 6/5/14 - As luck would have it I couldn't get there until 6/9/14. But I have it now.

Here 's what I got: Laramie crew cab 4X4 in Blue Streak Pearl (I'll provide more details on options if anyone wants them).

I traded in a 2006 Dakota w/ the 4.7L V8 for this truck - so a massive upgrade. Dakota averaged 15mpg (thats rounded up) so I got way more truck and hugely improved mpg.

Comments on the RAM:
Overall I'm thrilled - this truck is amazing.
Turbo lag - Yeah its noticalbe when taking off from a stop, but I'm comming from a small V8 gas truck so I'm sure I'll get used to it after few more miles are racked up.

Interior storage - Holy crap it never ends. Center console can hold more odds and ends than I think I own. Then there is an upper and lower glove box. Each door has large storage spaces. Under the rear drivers side seat (passenger side has the amp). I knew about all of these just wasn't aware how much it really was until I spent some time with the truck. But last night I was putting in the weathertech floor mats. Remove the rear carpet mat and BOOOOM two more little storage compartments in the floor.

Couple things wrong with the truck - got the Line-x srapy in liner installed yesterday. Line-X guy pointed out the rubber tailgate stops on the drivers side were missing - never installed. Passenger side has both installed. Dealer has them on order.
The day after I picked up the truck I got pulled over:
Cop walking up to the window: "Do you know why I pulled you over?'
Me: "I have no idea"
Cop, now at the window gets a good smell of the interior "Wow, is this a new truck?"
Me: "only got 100miles on it"
Cop: "That sucks cause your taillight is out."
I didn't get a ticket but still have a taillight out.

Commetns on the dealership:
Overall very pleasant, not pushy.
Don't know what kind of inspections they do for a new vehicle or when the tailight went out but they didn't notice it.
I have couple spots on the paint were they removed the shipping stickers and left some adhesive behind - they will clean it up when it goes in for the tailight.
So dealer is taking care of it but just looks a little sloppy is all.

The two quesitons:
1) I'm trying to pair my Samsung S5 phone with Uconnect and it seems Uconnect gets stuck on "downloading phonebook" - anyone esle succesfully pair an S5 with Uconnect 8.4A?
2) I'm looking for front wheel well inserts and just can't seem to find any - anyone have ideas or know what model year rams are compatabile with the 2014?

Thanks to all on this site for the great info I've managed to get so far - I'm on the Challenger forum too and these forums are just full of info and very helpful folks. Thanks again.

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts
Nice truck. What's a "front wheel well inserts"?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Rams have the inner wheel inserts already installed, front and back.

Didn't your display give you an indication that you had a tail light bulb out? These trucks are suppose to give you a warning.

Love that blue on the Ram, Nice looking truck.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Congrats of finding this forum and getting that great looking EcoD. Moving from a Dakota? Heck ya that's a lot of extra room. The two rear floor compartments come in handy on long trips. We use them as ice chests for canned sodas.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have paired my Samsung Galaxy S4 - year behind model, but I believe I am running the same Android software (what version does the 5 come with?). Had no problems on the pairing - I have not checked my contact list in the truck though - will give it a try later.

But pairing went smooth. My sister also paired her Iphone to it - also worked fine.

Maybe try it again - or see if there are any errors on the phone iteself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ramzaq - You are right. I knew the rear had the inserts. I had to get a good look at the front to see them. I'm used ones which cover everything - the OEM ones still leave the shock assembly exposed. Maybe has something to do with the air suspension.
No dash indication for the taillight. The turn signal and brake light works just not the runing light. I have the LED assemblies so I'm finding it hard to believe a "bulb" is out. Most likely a connector.

Tupelo - I will continue to try pair the phone to the radio. I can't tell if the issue is with Uconnect or the S5. The phone pairs up fine, no noticble proplems on the phones end. Uconnect gets stuck with the "downloading phonebook" message and I can't do anything with the phone section in Uconnect. Like I say, don't know if the radio is having problems or the phone isn't sending the data.
How long does it typically take for the phonebook to download?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts