RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Bighorn CC 4x4 Western Brown/ brown interior. Luxury group, protection group, anti spin, 8.4 nav, rear camera, 20" wheels. Just got off live chat on VOTS and they said it's due at dealership on July 15th. $48,430 after discounts it will be $38,430. Will be trading in my 2010 F150 FX4 supercrew due poor fuel mileage and lack of light duty towing capability. I'm ready for a change.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Good luck. I ordered on 5/8, and have yet to see a truck. It was built 2 weeks after I ordered, but has been sitting somewhere ever since. As of the last 2 weeks, nobody knew where it was. There is a VIN, but the truck seemed "lost". Its been in "shipping" status (kz).

I just called RAM, and they told me that my truck was sent back to the plant for a new motor. No other explanation. It is now back in Detroit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah from what I've been reading I'm expecting a delay. New motor? What they put the wrong motor in it? Sounds fishy to me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I ordered mine 6- 6 and was told it was loaded on a train 7-6
longhorn
air ride
ram box
tow mirror
3.92 rear

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ordered mine 5/24 and today got a call from dealer saying it's on a transporter truck and should be here sometime next week. She sounded kind of unsure on the phone when I was trying to pin down an actual date. All she said was that it was in Ohio on its way to CA and should be here soon. Feeling a little uneasy at the moment.

·
Registered
95 Posts
We ordered ours on 6/6, but I don't think the dealer placed the order until 6/9. Chrysler last said it was on a rail car and scheduled for delivery 7/11. We shall see.....

Reactions: ECOdy

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thread is making me a little crazy, ordered mine 5/31, order accepted 6/10, built 6/27 and STILL sitting in Inspection. No word from anyone about why and it's actually listed as Pending Inspection apparently. Was told yesterday the 100 point inspection takes a little longer and not all trucks get the full 100 point but I hope they aren't inspecting only one point each day.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Not a chance, per UAW contract they have to inspect two per day!:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased bighorn four weeks ago on a Monday the truck was to be delivered to the dealer on Tuesday and all of the extras would be installed and I could pick it Saturday as of yesterday it is still sitting in the rail yard this is getting to be frustrating the dealer has no answers but excuses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts