RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if ordering is still open I have given the go ahead for my dealer to order me a new Big Horn.
149" LWB (6' 4" box)
Prairie Pearl
Brown Beige interior
BENCH SEAT!!!
3.92 with anti spin
Trailer tow group
Comfort group
Luxury group
Protection group
8.4A uconnect
Rear Camera w/park assist
Remote start and security group
Engine block heater
17" wheels (even though I like the looks of the polished aluminum 20")
Oh yea and the 3.0L ECODIESEL BABY!!!!

Anyone got any last minute deals I could apply on the purchase?

Hopefully I'll have it before my camping trip August 20. I'm in MI so hopefully it'll be loaded on a truck directly from Warren plant for a 4hr trip up I75. Come on let me hit the 4week build lottery!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Salesman said they could go down to FFP before rebates. I asked if I could chip into HB but they are pretty firm about not doing that. No dicker type dealer. Oh well they are local and that counts for something. I know many there and when issues come up I expect to be treated well.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
when I ordered my Longhorn ECODIESEL the deal was invoice price minus the nominal 2% holdback plus $499 dealer markup minus all applicable rebates minus a $500 dealer certificate they had to throw in. A very good deal I thought. When the truck came in we dealt on my 2010 Grand Caravan tradein price. They used NADA bluebook values and also looked at regional auction results and threw out the high and low values for all similar vehicles with plus or minus 5000 miles of mine and offered the higher of auction or bluebook. Then took $350 off for inspection and processing. I had come in with tradein values from 9000 to 13,100 and they offered $12500. ALl in all I thought they were very fair and transparent.

We are in a rural area and not a lot of competition but also not a high real estate cost area. Anyhow, I was pleasantly pleased.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good news salesman said they can still order the 2014 and it went in today. I sure hope I like Prairie pearl :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ouch, that sucks. I'm not surprised there are limitations but running out of EcoDiesel engines seemed like that would be low on the list.

I think ordering now would be TIGHT on getting yours before your trip, I would guess an order today wouldn't get built until prob sometime in August since spp already has some ordered trucks with build dates in late July on the other not-just diesel forum.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ouch, that sucks. I'm not surprised there are limitations but running out of EcoDiesel engines seemed like that would be low on the list.

I think ordering now would be TIGHT on getting yours before your trip, I would guess an order today wouldn't get built until prob sometime in August since spp already has some ordered trucks with build dates in late July on the other not-just diesel forum.
So July build date and then delivery time? I am in michigan so no train delays I'd assume. Still hopeful

·
Registered
360 Posts
If his list is correct, trucks from last months allotment have build dates into July, one on his list is scheduled to be built 7/21 so I would think orders placed now would be at the earliest August 1. It's not so much the train delay as getting out of the lot lately it seems. A LOT of trucks have sat at KZ for weeks, ready to ship but not moving. Or you could end up in the Inspection hell, one guy had spent 31 days there, another has been in Inspection since 6/10 and mine since 6/26.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If his list is correct, trucks from last months allotment have build dates into July, one on his list is scheduled to be built 7/21 so I would think orders placed now would be at the earliest August 1. It's not so much the train delay as getting out of the lot lately it seems. A LOT of trucks have sat at KZ for weeks, ready to ship but not moving. Or you could end up in the Inspection hell, one guy had spent 31 days there, another has been in Inspection since 6/10 and mine since 6/26.
What thread is SPP on over there? I can't find it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
News today Ram has an issue with their systems hat eliminated the ED option. They are working on it so there is a glimmer of hope!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts