RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke with a sales guy from Carl Burger Dodge in San Diego, CA and he said that he couldn't even build a vehicle through their system. He said that a guy he spoke with from the factory said the next window is some time in April. Has anyone run into the same issue?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ya i just started a thread about that....i understand thats it for 2014....next builds are 2015??

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well, this information is surprising, and can point to several reasons, over booking of orders (over 8000 in 3 days of Feb documented). and production ramp up, or production issues/ who knows.
I was going to order in July.. but if this is accurate, where Ram is not taking any more orders, I may be waiting a while.....

would be interesting to know the story behind the story.

Marsman

·
Registered
592 Posts
Damn, that suck if they skipped the whole late 2014 model year.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ugh... The sales guy called me back, he said that by going through the system in another way he would be able to place an order, so I guess they are still accepting, however it depends on dealer allocation schedule too, which could be 1-2 weeks after order was placed.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'll post a question on DT site and see if anybody knows anything.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
the order windows open in allotments. From my understanding... the new window opens in the beginning of the month. For example... I ordered my truck on 2-27. The next window opened around 3-10?? I got entered into the system a day after that.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
That makes sense....i hope thats the case!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the order windows open in allotments. From my understanding... the new window opens in the beginning of the month. For example... I ordered my truck on 2-27. The next window opened around 3-10?? I got entered into the system a day after that.
This makes sense if he was thinking April 4th... wish these guys were better educated on the details :/

·
Registered
592 Posts
That makes better sense.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Changeover happens usually in the summer. That is when my auto trains get small, if they run, and autoracks are stored everywhere.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
698 Posts
The 3.0 is being used in Jeeps, Rams and now the new van. Demand for the engine is outpacing production so until it can catch up you will see holds on orders. I am sure no one would like to place an order and wait 5 months to receive it so it just makes sense to limit orders to what you can produce.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I agree..... that fact is they only anticipated a 15percent take rate, i from what i have read its somewhere around 40-45 percent.....

·
Registered
150 Posts
The new van is going to gave a totally different diesel engine. It's a 3 liter, but a four cylinder. It's basically the same engine found in the big box trucks that are powered by Fiat.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I gave my dealer a deposit on 2/8/14. Dealer told me orders were opening on 2/10/14.... this is when he ordered my truck. Truck was built on 2/28/14. Delivery was to be 3/24/14 or 3/25/14. Never arrived. Revised delivery date is 3/29/14, we'll see! Truck has been sitting in assembly plant lot for one month.
I have not heard of a shortage of engines as they are to reportedly to be manufacturing 350 to 400 EDs per day in Italy. Don.t know how long it takes to get them shipped over by boat.

From what I read they have about 8,000 EcoDiesel engines per month.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn... finally found a competent dealer, and now the internet salesman is telling me ordering is restricted again :(

·
Registered
177 Posts
The 3.0 is being used in Jeeps, Rams and now the new van. Demand for the engine is outpacing production so until it can catch up you will see holds on orders. I am sure no one would like to place an order and wait 5 months to receive it so it just makes sense to limit orders to what you can produce.
Original engine productions was 150 units per day. Last I heard it was increased to between 350 to 400 units per day. Then they have to be shipped from Italy to US by boat. 8 speed ZF trans is made in Germany.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts