RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
You might be right. Chrysler will again take orders on the 2nd. Whether that will include the diesel option in the 1500 will be known ???

·
Registered
396 Posts
So here we are Jan. 5, I take it no ordering on the 2nd or 3rd? i heard the 9th on a different forum.
Any of our northern friends get any updates on the progress of their orders?

·
Registered
396 Posts
is it also odd there still is no mpg rating from Ram

·
Registered
28 Posts
Greetings, New member. I had called the dealer in Chattanooga TN on Friday morning. Was told that he was having a southern district telecon that afternoon. Told him I want to place my order and to call me back. Never got a call. :( Sold my 05 Dakota to him so he knows how long I have been waiting to place my order.

Ordering a Laramie 4x4 Short box
Convenience group
Protection group
U connect with Nav
Ram Box
Anti-Spin
Spray in bedliner
Rear window defrost
Trailer & tow Package
Parksense system

·
Registered
213 Posts
So here we are Jan. 5, I take it no ordering on the 2nd or 3rd? i heard the 9th on a different forum.
Any of our northern friends get any updates on the progress of their orders?
No calls from my dealer. i did stop in a week ago to give him a deposit on my order of December 23rd but he said he didn't require a deposit. Will post something when I hear from him.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Guys,
I ordered my Ram 1500 this weekend!
Laramie 4x4 Quad
True Blue
Canyon Brown/Light frost Beige interior
32 gallon tank
Spray in Bed Liner
Tow Group
Convience Group
3.21 (7200lbs towing capacity)
Block heater
Anti Spin
Remote Start
Let's see, anything else? Oh Yeah, Went for the Hemi!!! After careful consideration of how much I would actually be towing my boat, I just couldn't justify the $2850 for the Diesel.
Guess this is Farewell. I have really appreciated everyone's thoughts.
Thanks Ram1500Diesel.com!!!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The latest rumor from Allpar is that production of pre-spec vehicles will begin Jan. 21 for delivery to select dealers to coincide with when dealer ordering begins in February. With production of ordered trucks beginning in March, we are not likely to see them until mid-May at the earliest. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just heard from a dealer in Houston - Ram accepting orders on Feb. 7th. Hopefully someone else can validate with another dealer for accuracy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Might as well wait for 2015, if you trade fairly often.
Hmmm. The new aluminum F150 is coming in 2015. 700lbs lighter, I've heard. Combine that with a light diesel and you have a real game changer. Even with the Ecoboost it should push close to 30 on the road. That's my goal. 30mpg on my long distance country road driving. 60mph. Need a smooth PU though. 2wd. The roads keep getting worse all the time here in CA. An annual civil engineering study consistently shows CA at or near the bottom in quality of highways. But, man, do they have a pension plan.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Is anyone else getting a little fed up with the delays? First it was October, then maybe December, then January 9th now middle of February. I think the goal if 10% sales is drifting further and further away. I want a real explanation from Ram. Why announce a truck and then delay it almost a full year?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Who knows what goes on in the minds of corporate executives? Who says customers need to know what is going on? We should be begging Ram to sell us trucks, right? :rolleyes:

We may never find out what happened although it must involve the engine. It has cost sales. But there will be a few units produced at the end of this month which will be good enough for Truck of the Year. Still well ahead of the Ford and other competition that will have their own challenges getting to market.

For those who can't wait, sorry to see you go but I understand. For those who want to wait for the 2015 models, well, there will always be new trucks around the corner. Take your choice.

So, what are we going to talk about for the next month? :confused:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Bigfoot and Nail, the delays are frustrating for sure. I guess what is frustrating is that this seems to be a moving target. Ram/Dodge either gives the dealer Misinformation, or no information at all.
I have a good local dealer, the one sales guy has been on top of this for the last year... but they are only being spoon fed parts of info on availability, and there have been times I asked and this sales guy shrugs his shoulders.
You would think a long awaited model, first half ton diesel in decades, highly anticipated by folks like us, who created a website and forum specifically for the model, as a demonstration of enthusiasm for the truck/motor, that Ram would be more forthcoming with information. I have not read in 1 place a firm or concrete date when the truck would be available. Sure I understand for new models, dealers don't know and the date changes, however this one is as I said above a moving target.
In Aug/Sept reports for delivery was January, by October/November it was first quarter, by December it was March......
When will the truck be available? not to order, but for delivery to dealers?

Looks like there are folks with cash in hand waiting, retired folks, or guys with a need.... so yep a little frustrating.

·
Registered
50 Posts
According to Automotive News, they are building 1000 non-dealer production units (these are for end customers and not for dealer inventory) starting on Jan 21. Then on Feb. 9th they will start taking orders in mass. Only select dealers have been given the opportunity to participate in the 1000 units which might explain why there is confusion amongst the dealerships. Or perhaps, the dealerships you are talking to have already allocated their units to someone else. Full production is still slated for this quarter and Chrysler does expect high demand so I'm sure they will bump up the build rate of the diesels initially to start meeting the demand.

I agree they should be sharing more information. Everyone is frustrated with the delays. I expected to be driving one of these in the fall of 2013.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Typically, the order cutoff date is early May for current year models with next year models orders opening a couple weeks later. That gives about a three month window to order 2014's. Pretty short model year. On the other hand, any changes to the 2015 model will likely be minor. The frequent trader might wait three months to gain the resale of a later model year. The guy intending on holding the truck for years probably doesn't make much difference.
The good news is they are going to build and deliver some trucks in "TWO WEEKS"!! We'll see who gets to drive them. I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig. :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
From what I can gather the delays are primarily because of EPA certification which also explains why the fuel economy ratings have not been released. Plus, there were some glitches in the Grand Cherokee diesel production which have been corrected. To top it off the 16-day government shutdown in October caused further delay. Ram cannot make the diesel trucks until the government signs off on it. That could be why the first trucks go to Canada which has different requirements. Bureaucracy is a bitch.

bureaucracy.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum. I was just at the dealers in Nanaimo BC Canada today try have been taking orders and placing them for the last 2 weeks now. Expected delivery for orders or April.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Bigfoot, at least there will be Olympic Hockey ! with your native son, and our pride, Sid Crosby....

I will wait it out at least until I can drive a Ram EcoD. The emission and fuel economy testing could be the final sign off...

1 - 20 of 91 Posts