RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talking with a fellow that goes to my camp in Georgia. Seems he brought a friend there this past weekend who died there. Heat stroke while putting up a deer stand. Young guy in his late 40's with four kids and a wife. Bad as that is this is not the purpose of this thread. What is out is his GDE. The fellow I was talking with has a 2018 Ecodiesel.

Couple weeks ago he lost power. Turbo failure. No leaks. Just a turbo failure. His dealer put in a new turbo for him under warranty. When they did that they also flashed his ECM. Goodbye GDE. He is bummed and then bummed more to find out the current situation. He gets in touch with Sofa King (SFT). Now this is what he told me so maybe some of you can confirm or dispute.

They are now operating out of Canada. Thinking maybe just a cover movement but he did say his tune was coming from Canada. He also had to pay $1,200 for it. Now I do not know if that's U.S. or Canadian. He also added that it was a "European tune". Believe we knew that. Don't believe we knew they have a Canadian front and raised their prices.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Sft is based out of las vegas but does have a small company thats is a dealer for them in canada. There is a different company in canada that sells the exact same tunes as sft for way less as well.

·
Registered
13,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not involved in this at all. The guy with the 2018 Ecodiesel told me this story. I called him to find out about the fellow that died as I knew they were friends.

Now he has already paid the money and expects the tune to arrive like tomorrow or very soon. If there is a cheaper option, that information would be good for others here to know about. This particular transaction is completed upon delivery. I'm just relaying what I learned today.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I personally wouldn't shop a tune by price, as you get what you pay for. I'd look hard at MRtuning out of Canada if I were in the market right now.

·
Registered
846 Posts

·
Registered
13,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Strange - SFT is still operating and have not changed their price - strange!

https://www.sofakingtuned.com/ecodiesel.html#/
Yeah. You are right. That CCS tune is more.

Just guessing there may be a readout or transmission tune involved. Don't remember enough so that's why I asked if the price I remembered is correct. At least there is an option right this minute.

·
Registered
13,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check out HD Diesel Supply in Canada. The most refined and fuel efficient tune from up north.
Wishing you guys the best and then some. You have done lots and lots of good for so many, myself included, over the years.

No go figure out something for the new hydraulic valve Cummins. I am selfish.

·
Registered
13,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have now found multiple options. Not going to do anything until Spring. Checked out that option GDE directed me toward a few posts ahead of this. That is a very positive option. They even have stuff for the Ecodiesel.

It all reads like Canada rules today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts