RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after a lot of reading (this site and others) and test driving, I ordered an Outdoorsman ED Wednesday.

2014 4x4 Outdoorsman 6'4" box
Silver with black trim
brown interior
17" wheels
CD and 8.4a (no nav)
Ram Box
Block Heater
Trailer Tow mirrors
Backup camera

I went with the 17 inch wheels and 3.92 because I work construction and also drive a lot of miles (3-4k per month). I've never owned a truck where I kept the stock tires, so I was worried the ED may lug some with the 3.55 and larger tires. Seems like real-world mileage is not showing a lot of difference between the 2. And it beats the heck out of my F150 that's currently getting 15.5 avg.

Can't wait for my truck to get here. I have missed having a diesel! Thanks for all the great info yall have shared here.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Is this your first Ram? I'm on my third. The ED goes way beyond my expectations. I'm sure yours will too.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome
I can show you pictures of what it will look like same on the outside. I'm in construction too, I have the air suspension and love it,it's really reasonably priced for what you get out of it as long as it last tbd. Check my post there is some pictures. Sheepdogtrail has the same silver and black in the 5'7 bed.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Nice build, I really like that colour scheme!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Can't go wrong with the Outdoorsman! You will love it!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm amazed how many online Outdoorsman I see and yet I've only ever seen two around Atlanta, Express seems to be the model of choice around here followed by Big Horns. Personally wanted no chrome and def not that giant chrome grill so Outdoorsman was the only choice for me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I pick up my Outdoorsman tomorrow. I went with the Granite / black combination, only because my work truck is already silver.

It had all of the options I wanted as standard - towing mirrors, limited slip, 'protection package', and the 8.4 screen among others.

I couldnt get the 'bench seat' with the Rambox though. - my order wouldn't go through like that. I also ordered when they 'made' everyone get 20" rims, so
I got the semi-gloss black rims. My dealer picked up that cost (I'm sure thats figured in their profit somewhere anyway)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I pick up my Outdoorsman tomorrow. I went with the Granite / black combination, only because my work truck is already silver.

It had all of the options I wanted as standard - towing mirrors, limited slip, 'protection package', and the 8.4 screen among others.

I couldnt get the 'bench seat' with the Rambox though. - my order wouldn't go through like that. I also ordered when they 'made' everyone get 20" rims, so
I got the semi-gloss black rims. My dealer picked up that cost (I'm sure thats figured in their profit somewhere anyway)
I read here about some of the ordering issues. I built mine like I wanted and sent it to my dealer with a silent prayer to the Ram gods.I guess we will see what happens.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm hoping the other forum has some good news for me tomorrow, submitted my order last weekend and just got VON. Hoping it comes up on spp's magic list as approved tomorrow afternoon, it's been a LONG weekend since I got the number on a Friday afternoon.

Only restrictions the dealer came back with submitting the order on May 31 was I had to get the 20" wheels and couldn't get the 9 speaker stereo.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I think the outdoorsman pkg. gets overlooked by people not recognizing the name and some think they have to go hunting or fishing which I think should be mandatory to owning any truck. :cool:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
So, after a lot of reading (this site and others) and test driving, I ordered an Outdoorsman ED Wednesday.

2014 4x4 Outdoorsman 6'4" box
Silver with black trim
brown interior
17" wheels
CD and 8.4a (no nav)
Ram Box
Block Heater
Trailer Tow mirrors
Backup camera
Pretty much what I want. I like the granite over black a bit better although with the following except they don't let ya get some options together which makes no sense.
-Comfort group heated steering wheel and seats
- bench seat
- no forced 20" rims with 3.92's I want 17" dammit

Pretty much the bottom line is I can't get what I really want. The dealers don't believe in bench seats anymore above the Express trim level.

Have fun with your new ride. Sounds awesome!

Don't tread on me!
MOLON LABE

1 - 14 of 14 Posts