RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's here! (at the dealer anyway)

The title gives you an idea of timing. It didn't come with black wheels which is good.

Quad cab 4x4 6'4" box. Options= Western Brown with Brown interior, EcoDiesel, 20" wheels, 8.4an w/nav, Block heater, Rear Camera.
MSRP = $46,210
Price before taxes, title, plates but includes delivery = $38,345

Dealer was closed today so I could not get inside the vehicle however I was able to inspect it pretty good. I could not find anything really to complain about other than a few finger prints on the IP(pet peeve of mine like touching a computer monitor). It didn't come with black wheels which is good and it has single exhaust. I could see rubber floor mats inside. Fit and finish was good and only minimal orange peel. I took a bunch of pics top and bottom side. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
nice! thanka for the pictures!! seems like they are really speeding up delivery of these trucks now that everything is in full swing......I ordered 12th march and mine is to be loaded early in the week should be at my dealer by end of weekish......I was expecting end of mayish when I ordered

Reactions: shaker223

·
Registered
273 Posts
Interesting, single exhaust to the side. That is exactly what I wanted but the dealer said this was not an option for the Laramie ED I ordered. Did you select this option or was it part of the Outdoorsman package ?

I ask because I am not a fan of the dual exhaust "ports" notched under the rear bumper. The reason is that I tow a boat and use a brush guard on my hitch to reduce rocks/gravel from scratching the hull of the boat. The hot exhaust will melt the brush guard. Secondary reason is to avoid exhaust particulate also directed to anything you might be towing. Not ideal from my perspective.

The dealer offered to insert a "T" into the exhaust and add a third pipe routed to the side and leave the dual exhaust tailpipes in clipped place for aesthetic purposes. Again, not ideal, but workable.

BTW, nice truck !

·
Registered
575 Posts
Some more.
I would be interested in if you got extra heavy duty rear coils. I think Ram changed that over the last month and now the Outdoorsman comes with heavy duty rear springs. The same as on the Big Horn. At least that is what I was told.

Thanks

Nice truck !

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Congrats... and I'm happy for you...

BUT...

UGHHHHH !!!!!!!!

I ordered earlier that you, and my poor truck Is sitting hostage in a shipping yard !!!

Oh well... I'll be gone on a Biz trip this coming week... I'm sure my truck will be delivered by the time I get back.

BTW... Great color.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Interesting, single exhaust to the side. That is exactly what I wanted but the dealer said this was not an option for the Laramie ED I ordered. Did you select this option or was it part of the Outdoorsman package ?

I ask because I am not a fan of the dual exhaust "ports" notched under the rear bumper. The reason is that I tow a boat and use a brush guard on my hitch to reduce rocks/gravel from scratching the hull of the boat. The hot exhaust will melt the brush guard. Secondary reason is to avoid exhaust particulate also directed to anything you might be towing. Not ideal from my perspective.

The dealer offered to insert a "T" into the exhaust and add a third pipe routed to the side and leave the dual exhaust tailpipes in clipped place for aesthetic purposes. Again, not ideal, but workable.

BTW, nice truck !
From what I've seen the dual pipes are only on Laramie, sport, and maybe express or big horn.

outdoorsman and tradesman are single exhaust, and I think slt is single exhaust. Maybe someone else on here knows for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

BTW, nice truck !
I was not sure which exhaust came with the Outdoorsman. I was not given the option. I'm glad it is single.

·
Registered
362 Posts
It's here! (at the dealer anyway)

The title gives you an idea of timing. It didn't come with black wheels which is good.

Quad cab 4x4 6'4" box. Options= Western Brown with Brown interior, EcoDiesel, 20" wheels, 8.4an w/nav, Block heater, Rear Camera.
MSRP = $46,210
Price before taxes, title, plates but includes delivery = $38,345

Dealer was closed today so I could not get inside the vehicle however I was able to inspect it pretty good. I could not find anything really to complain about other than a few finger prints on the IP(pet peeve of mine like touching a computer monitor). It didn't come with black wheels which is good and it has single exhaust. I could see rubber floor mats inside. Fit and finish was good and only minimal orange peel. I took a bunch of pics top and bottom side. Hope this helps.
I thought that the Outdoorsman had color matched bumpers?? Did you select chrome bumpers as an option? What gears did you get? Did you know you weren't getting black wheels when you ordered?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would be interested in if you got extra heavy duty rear coils. I think Ram changed that over the last month and now the Outdoorsman comes with heavy duty rear springs. The same as on the Big Horn. At least that is what I was told.

Thanks

Nice truck !
I don't have a spec to measure against. I could put a caliper on them when it gets home. They might also have a part number on them as well to cross check. Many components under the truck still had their part number tags. I was not given the option to select heavy duty coils. Maybe the GVW sticker will give some insight.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats... and I'm happy for you...

BUT...

UGHHHHH !!!!!!!!

I ordered earlier that you, and my poor truck Is sitting hostage in a shipping yard !!!

Oh well... I'll be gone on a Biz trip this coming week... I'm sure my truck will be delivered by the time I get back.

BTW... Great color.
You should have gone on your biz trip sooner...Murphy's Law.

Hang it there. Worth the wait.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought that the Outdoorsman had color matched bumpers?? Did you select chrome bumpers as an option? What gears did you get? Did you know you weren't getting black wheels when you ordered?

I got the 3.55 gears since I tow maybe 5% of the time. It may be the monotone option that gives the bright bumper(which I like). Not sure & was not given the option. I'm glad the wheels are argent and not black. It seems to me that the "black wheels" were added to the Ram build and price site after I ordered my truck. I honestly did not know what to expect. I would not have been crazy about black but figured they would hide brake dust. With my last truck, I bought some wheel plates (black) that fit inside of the rim and they kept the rims free of brake dust.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I got the 3.55 gears since I tow maybe 5% of the time. It may be the monotone option that gives the bright bumper(which I like). Not sure & was not given the option. I'm glad the wheels are argent and not black. It seems to me that the "black wheels" were added to the Ram build and price site after I ordered my truck. I honestly did not know what to expect. I would not have been crazy about black but figured they would hide brake dust. With my last truck, I bought some wheel plates (black) that fit inside of the rim and they kept the rims free of brake dust.
Thanks, great looking truck, going to order a similar one

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would be interested in if you got extra heavy duty rear coils. I think Ram changed that over the last month and now the Outdoorsman comes with heavy duty rear springs. The same as on the Big Horn. At least that is what I was told.!
Not exactly correct, every Ram has 'heavy' duty springs but the Outdoorsman has 'EXTRA' heavy duty springs. No idea what heavy duty vs extra heavy duty is though

·
Registered
17 Posts

Outdoorsman come in monotone with chrome bumpers or two tone with black bumpers and sides. Two tone available in Black (so not really two tone but black bumpers), Silver Metallic, Bright White, Blue Streak, True Blue Metallic, Deep Cherry Red, and Flame Red; but not in Black Gold, Maximum Steel, Western Brown or Granite Crystal.

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
Neat looking and functional truck. Nice to see the darn snow, ice and salt might be over and not attacking your truck already.

Enjoy.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts