RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered an Outdoorsman Crew Cab waaay back in January.
Was wondering if anyone else who has ordered an Outdoorsman is having any luck?
Canada CS was useless. I do have a VIN, if one of those insiders could be of assistance that would be awesome.
Snowing here in Saskatoon again!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've seen at least 1 person get their outdoorsman on here, but not from canada. keep us posted.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ordered mine march 5th got my Von and all that stuff and estimate ship date is today April 28 2014, hopefully I will get it by next week on my days off if not il have to wait 3 weeks till my next days off to get it :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Crash - I ordered my Outdoorsman on January 25, its been a long wait. The truck has been sitting in the rail yard on Annacis Island (BC) since last Wednesday and was scheduled to be at the dealer's on May 1. Got info last Saturday that it has been postponed now to May5. My salesmgr has been very informative in keeping me updated on progress and the lack thereoff. However I'm in BC and you in SK.
You should request a status on the Ramforumz website under 2014 Ram "updates". You will have to register on that forum first though. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
There was issues ordering the outdoorsman. (I wanted one) once they FINALLY opened the orders for them... you had to get the 20" wheels. So... if you have 17's... that's one of the issues.

·
Registered
75 Posts
One person on the forum found a diesel Outdoorsman on a lot here in Ontario, so they are around. I could order one with everything I want here except the premium bench seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
One person on the forum found a diesel Outdoorsman on a lot here in Ontario, so they are around. I could order one with everything I want here except the premium bench seat.
My sales rep told me today that his dealer rep informed him that their will be no more Ecodiesels made with the premium bench seat option.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
My sales rep told me today that his dealer rep informed him that their will be no more Ecodiesels made with the premium bench seat option.
Please don't spread rumors. That's a very blanket statement... and most likely it's just in the Outdoorsman, since it already has ordering issues.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Their is no 'logical' or rational reason for this, it's an extra $800 they get for it, and I can't get a straight answer from anyone at the dealers or Chrysler. It is available in a quad cab, no problem, just not a crew. I've had 3 dealerships lure me in with 'oh yes we can get it' only to find that at the last step system won't finalize. I have a deal on hold right now for the bench availability and this dealer is checking daily. Another reason it doesn't make sense is the Laramie can be had with the heated/cooled bench.

Maybe it's due to the fact that a crew cab with diesel in lower trims is pretty affordable and could cut in to some other segment sales, like family haulin mid-size SUVs etc.

I wish they'd come clean soon and let my order through, I'm tired of babying my trade.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The other site will not let me register, I've tried several times now and it thinks I am a spambot.
Could someone try my VIN over there for me please? Thanks in advance.
Rob
1C6RR7TM2ES304020

·
Registered
36 Posts
My Outdoorsman Quad Cab 3.55 diff 17" wheels, Ordered on January 25th and now has been delivered at the dealer on Tuesday April 29. I will pick it up this Saturday in Vernon, BC.:D
The wait has been long... but the light at the end of the tunnel is clearly visible!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just bumping this up, still can't register at ramforumz. I was hoping someone who is using both sites could put my VIN into their search thread???
Thanks in advance.
Crash

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
The other site will not let me register, I've tried several times now and it thinks I am a spambot.
Could someone try my VIN over there for me please? Thanks in advance.
Rob
1C6RR7TM2ES304020
Where are you trying to register? The VOTS system has been down for a while. I think they are trying to do an update, to give some real info.

·
Registered
346 Posts
My Outdoorsman Quad Cab 3.55 diff 17" wheels, Ordered on January 25th and now has been delivered at the dealer on Tuesday April 29. I will pick it up this Saturday in Vernon, BC.:D
The wait has been long... but the light at the end of the tunnel is clearly visible!
You are one of the very few that were able to get the Outdoorsman with 17" wheels before the 20" restrictions.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Pics of wheel and tires please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
346 Posts
Theres a guy on ramforumz, he goes by SPP, he's some sort of insider, he can get the real scoop on status of build.
I can't register on ramforumz though, its got me pegged as a spambot. Was hoping someone here would help me out and put my VIN into his thread for me.
2014 status updates - where are you? - Page 517 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum
Need your last eight on VIN or the VON, and I'll post it on there for you. SPP's info is 10x better that what you'd get through VOTS or dealership.

·
Registered
346 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts