RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any one has over 200k on their truck, PLEASE POST something on how many times if anytime that your truck has been in the shop and what for, what brand of oil that you are using ,etc..

·
Registered
48 Posts
https://www.ram1500diesel.com/#/topics/62700

Heres my 200,000 mile thread. Sitting just shy of 230,000 miles now. Only thing in between 200,000 and 230,000 was the crank position sensor and reluctor ring at 206,000 miles and 2 glow plugs at different mileages I don't recall. Everything but the power steering rack and crank position sensor was done by me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hardly counts, but my dad has about 180k on his 15 longhorn. He's had limp mode once for a dirty map sensor and a hose clamp on the turbo was loose and leaking coolant. Btw, he also reports INCREASED mpgs after the aem. He went from 23 to 25. He does experience the lag, same as others.

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
Ok as an update 371,000 on my first motor before it pushed a head gasket probably from previous low coolant from leaking EGR cooler. Watch your coolant level in the degas tank. If it drops to the seam or lower add some distilled water. If it does it again you likely have a slow EGR cooler leak developing. Post warranty this is best & permanently resolved with EGR cooler delete kit. No codes or idiot lights with a tune. Upon tear down inspection bearings were also very worn. Basically as long as something is behind or in the bed I’m paid to drive it. Motor had a little over 7,000 hours run time.

217,000 miles on current engine only issue to date has been from dirty fuel. Stick with and change your Mopar fuel filters per warranty. Truck is worked daily towing TTs & boats commercially. It’s worst wear is seen in the bed from many motorcycles, snowmobiles & ATVs. Well and residential use where it’s pallets of tile & mulch lose mulch dirt stone & brick and everything imaginable moving 4 now grown kids. Sustained excessive heat is a killer. Glad I have a honeycomb style grill and now a lower temp thermostat.

Edit. FWIW a guy I work with has 220k on his ED another guy retired transporter had I believe 212k my son had over 200k on the company ED he drove. That company had a dozen EDs most of which had well over 100k. Many carried 100 gallons of diesel tires & support supplies for the semis used as pilot cars for a heavy haul company. Most of the high mileage trucks are commercially used in where the company or the non owner driver isn’t posting on a forum such as ours.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Currently 194,000 but I'll round up for what you are asking for. (1) Electrical sensor at 119k (2) Driver window switch unit at 180k (3) Heel hole in driver floor mat. lol.

GDE tuned at 50k and mechanically flawless since purchase...close to 4,700 hours. Truck has used Pennzoil 5/30, T6 5/40, Delo 5/40, and Amsoil 0/40. Mopar, Napa Gold, Wix, and Ecoguard oil filters.

Current crankcase oil Amsoil 0w40 w/ 16k. Went 18,000 last go around w/ Amsoil 0w40 and excellent UOA. Rotella UOA were excellent however Delo 5w40 were slightly better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking for some advice on the Eco Diesel. I currently have a 19 Power Wagon (6.4 Gas) and have had a 14 Sport and a 16 Express, and I have a 09 Challenger RT.
Thinking of dropping my PW and the dealer has a 14 Eco Diesel with 200k (in canada so Km not miles). Any thoughts on this. I tow a bit. I have an enclosed double axle and a 14 foot double axle dumper. But I’m looking for something with better fuel economy for a new longer drive to work and I don’t want a commuter car. I just can’t do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts